Sandra Hannon-Engel, Ph.D., RN, CNS, PMHNP
Cushing Hall 334F
- Ph.D. - Boston College
- M.S. - Rivier College
- B.S. - University of Massachusetts, Boston
Eating disorders; neurobiology; pharmacogenomics; life threatening behaviors
Dr. Sandra Hannon-Engel joined the Connell School faculty in the fall of 2012 as an assistant professor. She received her master of science degree from Rivier College in Nashua, NH and he Ph.D. from Boston College. Her clinical experience includes many years as an advanced practice nurse in the inpatient and outpatient mental health settings as well as a clinical instructor in Psychiatric/ Mental Health Nursing at Boston College. Her program of research focuses on the physiological mechanisms that may perpetuate or maintain eating disorders.
- Hannon-Engel, S. L. In Nan Challender Price (Ed.), Self-Injury: Cutting through the tension (ed.). Nursing Spectrum. ce.nurse.com/ce608/self-injury/
- Wolfe, B. E., Hannon Engel, S. L., & Mitchell, J. E. (2012). Bulimia in DSM-5. Psychiatric Annals, 42(11), 406-409.
- Hannon-Engel, S. L. (2012). Regulating satiety in bulimia nervosa: the role of cholecystokinin. Perspectives Psychiatric Care, 48(1), 34-40. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22188045
- Hannon-Engel, S., & Fantasia, H. C. (2011). Are You Survey Ready? Online Evaluation of a Multidrug-Resistant Organisms Educational Program in a Behavioral Health Hospital. Perspectives in Psychiatric Care, 47(3), 138-144. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6163.2010.00286.x
- Hannon-Engel, S. (2011). Regulatory oversight: do psychiatric patients have the right to refuse active treatment? Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 25(1), 21-23 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apnu.2010.07.002