Holly B. Fontenot, Ph.D., RN, WHNP-BC
Cushing Hall 306
- M.S. and Ph.D. Boston College
- B.S.N. Georgia Baptist College of Nursing/Mercer University
Sexual and Reproductive Health; Prevention of STI/HPV; Vaccines; Women’s Health; LGBTQ Health
Holly Fontenot is an Assistant Professor of Nursing at the William F. Connell School of Nursing, Boston College. She is a certified women’s health nurse practitioner and predominantly teaches in the graduate program, where she is the director of the WHNP program. Dr. Fontenot’s research focuses on promotion of sexual and reproductive health. She is particularly interested in reducing the burden of human papillomavirus (HPV) related diseases primarily through vaccination. Other research interests include the intersections of violence and sexual health. Dr. Fontenot has numerous publications related to sexual health, sexually transmitted infections, HPV, and general women’s health.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- Adjunct Faculty, The Fenway Institute
- Per-diem NP Fenway Health/Sidney Borum Health Center
- 2013 - Hall of Honor Inductee, Excellence in Nursing Education, Mercer University, Georgia Baptist College of Nursing
- 2013 - Women's Health Research Award, National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health
- 2013 - Distinguished Practitioner and Fellow, National Academies of Practice
- Fontenot, H. B., Fantasia, H. C., Charyk, A., Sutherland, M. A. (2014). HPV risk factors, vaccination patterns, and vaccine perceptions among a sample of male college students. To appear in Journal of American College Health. www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/07448481.2013.872649
- Fontenot, H. B., George, E. (2014). A second look: Sexually transmitted infection testing in pregnancy. To appear in Nursing for Women's Health.
- Sutherland, M. A., Fontenot, H. B., Fantasia, H. C. (2014). Beyond screening: Providers' responses to violence. To appear in Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
- Fontenot, H. B., Fantasia, h. C., Lee-St. Jhn, T., Sutherland, M. A. (2014). The effects of intimate partner violence duration on individual and partner-related sexual risk factors among women. To appear in Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health.
- Fontenot, H. B. (2013). Intersection of HPV and sexual Assault: An opportunity for practice change. Journal of Forensic Nursing, Advance online publication. doi: 10.1097/JFN.0b013e318291b276