Holly B. Fontenot, Ph.D., RN, WHNP-BC
Cushing Hall 302
- M.S. and Ph.D. Boston College
- B.S.N. Georgia Baptist College of Nursing/Mercer University
Women’s health, human papillomavirus (HPV), sexual health and safety, forensic nursing
Dr. Fontenot assumed the role of coordinator of the women’s health nurse practitioner (WHNP) program in June of 2007; she has been a faculty member at Boston College since winter of 2004. She is a certified women’s health nurse practitioner and teaches advanced practice in women’s health nursing and theoretical foundations in women’s health and pediatric nursing. She also teaches in the forensic nursing program, gives guest lectures in advanced health assessment, and precepts masters students at the Sidney Borum Health Center, where she works as a WHNP. Her research currently focuses on the human papillomavirus (HPV) and the intersections of violence and women’s health. She is a member of AANP, Sigma Theta Tau International, AWHONN, MCNP, NONPF, and the IAFN.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2013 - Hall of Honor Inductee, Excellence in Nursing Education, Mercer University, Georgia Baptist College of Nursing
- 2013 - Women's Health Research Award, National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health
- 2013 - Ann W. Burgess Dissertation Award, Boston College
- 2013 - Fellow in the Summer Nursing Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing Center for Health Equity Research
- 2013 - Graduate Teaching and Mentorship Award, Boston College, Graduate Nurses Association
- Fontenot, H. B., Fantasia, H. C., Charyk, A., Sutherland, M. A. (in press). HPV risk factors, vaccination patterns, and vaccine perceptions among a sample of male college students. To appear in Journal of American College Health. www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/07448481.2013.872649
- Fontenot, H. B. (2013). Intersection of HPV and sexual Assault: An opportunity for practice change. Journal of Forensic Nursing, Advance online publication. doi: 10.1097/JFN.0b013e318291b276
- Sutherland, M. A., Fontenot, H. B., Fantasia, H. C. (in press). Beyond screening: Providers' responses to violence. To appear in Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
- Fontenot, H. B., George, E. (accepted). A second look: Sexually transmitted infection testing in pregnancy. To appear in Nursing for Women's Health.
- Fontenot, H. B., Fantasia, h. C., Lee-St. Jhn, T., Sutherland, M. A. (in press). The effects of intimate partner violence duration on individual and partner-related sexual risk factors among women. To appear in Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health.