Jane M. Flanagan, Ph.D., ANP-BC
Cushing Hall 336I
- Ph.D. - Boston College
- M.S. - Northeastern University
- B.S.N. - University of Lowell
Patient and family experiences of chronic illness; the integration of nursing theory and aesthetics into nursing care; spirituality, forgiveness and healing
Dr. Jane Flanagan is a faculty associate scientist at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Yvonne Munn Center and associate clinical scientist at the Phyllis Cantor Center at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. She is certified from the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a nurse practitioner and continues to maintains a clinical practice as a nurse practitioner at MGH in the Clinical Research Center.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2014 - Grant through MGH
- 2014 - Distinguished Nurse Practitioner of the Year Award at the Massachusetts Coalition of Nurse Practitioners Meeting
- 2011 - Partners Healthcare Excellence in Action Award from MGH
- 2010 - Research for Practice Writing Award, Med-Surg Nursing
- 2010 - Harvard Catalyst Reviewer, Harvard Catalyst
- Flanagan, J. M. (2014). What to publish in the official journal of NANDA-I. International Journal of Nursing Knowledge, 25(1), 1. doi: 10.1111/2047-3095.12023
- Stamp, K. D., Flanagan, J. M., & Shindul-Rothschild, J. (2014). Predictors of excess heart failure readmissions: Implications for nursing practice. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 29(2), 115-123. doi: 10.1097/NCQ.0000000000000042
- Flanagan, J. M. (2013). Nursing ethics and advanced practice: Adult-gerontology health. In P. Grace (Ed.), Nursing ethics and professional responsibility in advanced practice (2nd ed.) (pp. 349-392). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
- Flanagan, J. M. (2013). Appreciating our past - virtual issues. International Journal of Nursing Knowledge, 24(2), 63. doi: 10.1111/j.2047-3095.2013.01247.x
- Flanagan, J. M., Harris, A. L., & Jones, D. A. (2013). Advanced practice registered nurses: Accomplishments, trends, and future, in Joel, L. A. (Ed.), Advanced practice nursing: Essentials for role development (3rd ed.) (pp. 429-439). Philadelphia, PA: F A Davis.