Jane M. Flanagan, Ph.D., ANP-BC
Cushing Hall 336I
- Ph.D. - Boston College
- M.S.N. - Northeastern University
- B.S.N. - University of Lowell
Patient and family experiences of chronic illness; the integration of nursing theory and aesthetics into nursing care; spirituality, forgiveness and healing
Dr. Jane Flanagan is a faculty associate scientist at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Yvonne Munn Center and associate clinical scientist at the Phyllis Cantor Center at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. She is certified from the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a nurse practitioner and continues to maintains a clinical practice as a nurse practitioner at MGH in the Clinical Research Center.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2011 - Partners Healthcare Excellence in Action Award from MGH
- 2010 - Research for Practice Writing Award, Med-Surg Nursing
- 2010 - Harvard Catalyst Reviewer, Harvard Catalyst
- 2010 - Unique Contribution, NANDA-I
- 2010-present - Editor, International Journal of Nursing Terminologies and Classifications
- Stamp, K. D., Flanagan, J. M., Shindul-Rothschild, J. (2014). Predictors of excess heart failure readmissions: Implications for nursing practice. Journal of Nursing Care Quality/Sandra Kasko/Lippencott Williams & Wilkens, 29(2).
- Flanagan, J. M. (2013). Nursing ethics and advanced practice: Adult-gerontology health, in Pamela Grace (Ed.), Nursing Ethics And Professional Responsibility In Advanced Practice.
- Flanagan, J. M. (2013). Appreciating our past - virtual issues. International Journal of Nursing Knowledge, 24(2), 63. doi: 10.1111/j.2047-3095.2013.01247.x
- Flanagan, J. M., Harris, A. L., Jones, D. A. (2013). Advanced practice registered nurses: Accomplishments, trends, and future, in Lucille A. Joel (Ed.), Advance Practice Nursing: Essentials for Role Development 3rd edition (3rd ed.). Philadelphia, PA: F A Davis Company.
- Flanagan, J. M. (2013). Appreciating our past - virtual issues. To appear in International Journal of Nursing Knowledge, 2(24), 1. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ijnt.2013.24.issue-1/issuetoc