Goals & Objectives
roy adaptation association
- Advance nursing practice by developing basic and clinical nursing knowledge based on the Roy Adaptation Model and its philosophical perspective.
- Provide scholarly collegiality needed for creative vision, knowledge development and research.
- Enhance networks of dissemination of knowledge for practice and education.
- Encourage scholars in the field and facilitate related programs of research and implementation projects.
- Provide forums for special interest in Roy Adaptation Model based research, education, and practice all focused on creative social change.
Annual strategic plan for 2009-2010
- Develop a skills and resource database of members and associates of RAA
- Survey the needs and levels of knowledge of the model to make resources user friendly and appropriate.
- Establish regular ongoing virtual joint synchronous communication with members and international chapters.
- Conduct a national survey of nursing schools to identify the extent of use of nursing conceptual frameworks and to identify those schools that use the RAM.
- Update the review of research based on the RAM from January 2001 to January 2009.
- Include international chapter presidents in the activities of the Executive Board.
- Increase Public relations, marketing and targeted reach out to increase US membership