Susan Emery, Ph.D., CRNA
clinical associate professor and director, nurse anesthesia program
Cushing Hall 326
- Ph.D. - Boston College
- M.S. - Columbia University
- B.S.N. - Salem State College
- Diploma - Massachusetts General Hospital
Chemistry and physics of nurse anesthesia practice; pharmacology of anethetics; anesthesia for geriatrics patients; endocrine and renal physicology and pathophysiology; communication and interpersonal relations in the operating room.
Susan Emery joined the Boston College faculty in the fall of 2002. Susan is a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist and received a master’s degree from Columbia University School of Nursing. A practicing CRNA since 1986 she developed and now directs the nurse anesthesia program at Boston College in collaboration with Anaesthesia Associates of Massachusetts. The program received initial accreditation in 2002 and a full 10 year accreditation in 2006. Susan teaches Chemistry and Physics of Nurse Anesthesia Practice, endocrine and renal physiology for nurse anesthetists, and Pharmacology of Anesthetic Agents. Her other interests include anesthesia for the geriatric patient, cognitive dysfunction following anesthesia, and emergency preparedness. Susan is a member of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, the Massachusetts Association of Nurse Anesthetists, and Sigma Theta Tau and is pursuing her Ph.D. from Boston College.
- Quincy Medical Center, Quincy, MA
- Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Deaconess-Glover Hospital, Needham, MA
- New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
- Saint’s Memorial Medical Center, Lowell, MA
- New England Surgicare, Boston, MA
- Faulkner Hospital, Boston, MA