Susan DeSanto-Madeya, Ph.D., RN, CNS
clinical associate professor
Cushing Hall 309
- M.S.N., Ph.D. - Widener University
- B.S.N. - East Stroudsburg University
Palliative care; end of life care
selected appointments & awards
- 2012- present - Tri-chair of the Family and Community Participatory-Based Research Interest Group, Eastern Nursing Research Society
- 2011-present - Beth Israel Hospital Nurses Alumnae Association Endowed Nurse Scientist, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- 2010- Visiting Nurse Faculty Scholar Parkinson's Disease Program, Boston Medical Center/Boston University
- 2009 - present - Associate Member, Dana Farber/Harvard Cancer Center Cancer Outcomes Research Program
- 2008 - present - Senior Nurse Scientist, Yvonne Munn Center for Nursing Research, Massachusetts General Hospital
- DeSanto-Madeya, S. A., Rex-Smith, A. (in press). To appear in Oncology Nursing Forum.
- Fawcett, J., DeSanto-Madeya, S. A. (2012). Contemporary Nursing Knowledge: Analysis and evaluation of nursing models and theories (3rd ed.). FA Davis.
- Smith, A., DeSanto-Madeya, S., Perez, J.E., Tracey, E.F., DeCristofaro, Norris, R.L., & Mukkamala, S.L. (2012). How women with advanced cancer pray: A report from two focus groups. Oncology Nursing Forum, 39(3), E310-E316. doi:10.1188/12.ONF.E310-E316
- DeSanto-Madeya, S.A. (2012). Project report: Analysis of the contents of the Journal of Family Nursing. Journal of Family Nursing, 17, 270-271.
- DeSanto-Madeya, S., Nilsson, M., Trice Loggers, E., & Prigerson, H.G. (2009). Association between United States acculturation end-of-life experiences of advanced cancer patients' caregivers. Journal of Palliative Medicine, 12, 1143-1149.
additional publications »