Susan DeSanto-Madeya, PhD, RN, CNS
clinical associate professor
Cushing Hall 309
- M.S.N., Ph.D. - Widener University
- B.S.N. - East Stroudsburg University
Palliative care; end of life care
selected appointments & awards
- 2013 - Sigma Theta Tau, Alpha Chi Chapter Nursing Research Grant, Sigma Theta Tau, Alpha Chi Chapter
- 2012 - present - Tri-chair of the Family and Community Participatory-Based Research Interest Group, Eastern Nursing Research Society
- 2011 - present - Beth Israel Hospital Nurses Alumnae Association Endowed Nurse Scientist, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- 2010 - Visiting Nurse Faculty Scholar Parkinson's Disease Program, Boston Medical Center/Boston University
- 2009 - present - Associate Member, Dana Farber/Harvard Cancer Center Cancer Outcomes Research Program
- DeSanto-Madeya, S. A., & Grace, P. J. (2013). The role of the APRN in palliative and end-of-life care. In Grace, P.J. (Ed.). Nursing ethics and professional responsibility in advanced practice (2nd ed.) (pp. 483-527). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
- Willis, D. G., DeSanto-Madeya, S. A., Fawcett, J. (in press). Moving beyond dwelling in suffering: A situation-specific theory of men’s healing from childhood maltreatment. To appear in Nursing Science Quarterly.
- Willis, D. G., Lacoursiere Zucchero, T. L., DeSanto-Madeya, S. A., Ross, R. E., Leone, D., Easton, S. D. (in press). Dwelling in suffering: Barriers to men’s healing from childhood maltreatment. To appear in Issues in Mental Health Nursing.
- Fawcett, J., DeSanto-Madeya, S. A. (2012). Contemporary Nursing Knowledge: Analysis and evaluation of nursing models and theories (3rd ed.). FA Davis.
- Smith, A., DeSanto-Madeya, S., Perez, J.E., Tracey, E.F., DeCristofaro, Norris, R.L., & Mukkamala, S.L. (2012). How women with advanced cancer pray: A report from two focus groups. Oncology Nursing Forum, 39(3), E310-E316. doi:10.1188/12.ONF.E310-E316
additional publications »