Stewart M. Bond, Ph.D., RN, AOCN
Cushing Hall 336D
- Ph.D. and M.S.N. - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.T.S. - Vanderbilt University
- B.S.N. - University of Virginia
Cancer symptom management; neuropsychiatric symptoms in patients with cancer; delirium; care of older adults with cancer; frailty
Dr. Stewart Bond in an assistant professor. He received both his Ph.D. and master’s degree in nursing from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He also received a master of theological studies degree and a post-master’s certificate psychiatric-mental health nursing from Vanderbilt University. Dr. Bond’s clinical background is in oncology, geriatrics, and palliative care. His research interests pertain to cancer symptom management, neuropsychiatric symptoms in patients with cancer, delirium, care of older adults with cancer, frailty.
selected appointments and awards
- 2012-present - Member, Editorial Board, Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association
- 2012-present - Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Gerontological Nursing
- 2012 - present - Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Supportive Care in Cancer
- 2010 - Edna Stilwell Writing Award, SLACK Incorporated
- 2007-2009 - John A. Hartford Foundation Claire M. Fagin Fellowship
- Bond, S. M., Hawkins, D. K., Murphy, B. A. (2013). Caregiver-Reported Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Patients Undergoing Treatment for Head and Neck Cancer: A Pilot Study. Cancer Nursing. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1097/NCC.0b013e31829194a3
- Ridner, S. H., Poage-Hooper, E., Kanar, C., Doresam, J., Bond, S., Dietrich, M. S. (accepted). A Pilot Randomized Clinical Trial Evaluating Low Level Laser Therapy as a Complementary and Alternative Treatment to Manual Lymphatic Drainage for Breast Cancer-Related Lymphedema. Oncology Nursing Forum, 40(4), 383-393.
- Bond, S.M., Dietrich, M.S., Shuster, J.L., & Murphy, B.A. (2012). Delirium in patients with head and neck cancer in the outpatient treatment setting. Supportive Care in Cancer, 20(5), 1023-1030. doi: 10.1007/s00520-011-1174-0
- Bond, S.M., Dietrich, M.S., & Murphy, B.A. (2012). Neurocognitive function in head and neck cancer patients prior to treatment. Supportive Care in Cancer, 20(1), 149-157. doi: 10.1007/s00520-010-1081-9
- Bond, S.M., Davis, M.E., & McEvoy, L.K. (2012). Physiology of aging and its impact on the older adult. In D.D. Cope & L.K. McEvoy (Eds.) Caring for the Older Adult with Cancer in the Ambulatory Setting (pp. 9-36). Pittsburgh, PA: Oncology Nursing Society.