Viola G. Benavente, Ph.D., RN, CNS
Cushing Hall 425
- Ph.D. - University of Pennsylvania
- M.S.N. - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Nursing
- B.S.N. - Incarnate Word College
cardiovascular health disparities among Latinas and other Hispanics; coronary heart disease prevention and health promotion; cardiovascular risk and symptom management; preventive science and gender differences
Dr. Viola Benavente is an assistant professor. She received her master’s degree in nursing from the University of Texas Health Sciences Center at San Antonio School of Nursing and her Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Benavente’s clinical background is in cardiovascular health. Her research interests include cardiovascular health disparities among Latinas and other Hispanics, coronary heart disease prevention and health promotion, cardiovascular risk and symptom management, preventive science and gender differences.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2013 - Keys to Inclusive Leadership in Nursing Faculty Mentor Award, Boston College Connell School of Nursing’s "Keys to Inclusive Leadership in Nursing" (KILN)/Price Foundation
- 2013-present - Nurse Scientist, Yvonne L. Munn Center for Nursing Research, Massachusetts General Hospital
- de Leon Siantz, M. L., Castaneda, X., Benavente, V., Peart, T., & Felt, E. (2013). The health status of Latino immigrant women in the United States and future health policy implications of the Affordable Care Act. Global Advances in Health and Medicine, 2(4), 70-74. doi: 10.7453/gahmj.2013.066
- Sherry, D., Fennessy, M.M., Benavente, V., Ruppar, T.M. (2013). "Important Considerations When Applying for a Postdoctoral Fellowship." Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 45(2), 210-218.