Pre-Conference Session B: 3:00 - 5:15 pm
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
UNDERSTANDING EKGs FROM THE BASICS TO THE CRITICAL
Mary K. Macklin, MSN, APRN
- Explain the initial steps in interpreting the 12 lead EKG.
- Review the EKG changes associated with MI, bundle branch block, hypertrophy, and wide complex tachycardia.
MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACH TO THE CHRONIC PELVIC PAIN (CPP) PATIENT
Veronica Triaca, MD and Heidi Hallonquist, MD
- Describe the multiple systems that contribute to the genesis and perpetuation of pain.
- The manner in which the brain impacts our interpretation of pelvic pain must be understood to successfully treat the CPP patient.
- Integration of psychological, behavioral, physiotherapeutic, surgical, and medical treatment in a coordinated manner is essential.
- To illustrate the diagnostic and therapeutic benefits of the multidisciplinary approach.
CASE STUDIES OF COMMON AND LESS-COMMON PEDIATRIC ORTHOPEDIC CONDITIONS
Paul Urbanek, MD
- Discuss the musculoskeletal problems that are unique to children.
- List common and less-common congenital and acquired disorders seen in children.
- Review the typical history, physical exam, pathophysiology, evaluation, and treatment of pediatric musculoskeletal disorders.