Conference Session H: 2:30 - 3:45 pm
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF HYPERTENSION: UPDATE 2014
Shawn A. Gregory, MD, MMSc
UPDATE IN THE DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF CUTANEOUS MELANOMA
Kristin Rubin, MS, RN, FNP-BC
OPTIMAL EVALUATION OF PATIENTS PREOPERATIVELY#
Monica N.Tombasco, MSNA, CRNA, MS, APRN, FNP-BCP
- Explain important steps in evaluation of the patient preparing to undergo surgery.
- Understand specific issues to consider based on the patients comorbidities.
# Please note this is a change from what is printed in the conference brochure.
PEDIATRIC SEIZURES: CLINICAL APPROACH
Anna L. Pinto, MD, PhD
- Identify various seizure types in children.
- Review seizure classification.
- Evaluate the work up of seizure patients.
- Discuss the management of seizure patients.
Holly B. Fontenot, PhD, RN, WHNP-BC
- Identify factors that may influence a woman’s contraceptive choice and use.
- Describe available oral contraceptive formulations including the risks and benefits of the various formulations.
- Understand implications for advanced practice nurses as prescribers of OCPs.
* Eligible for pharmacology contact hours