Conference Session G: 1:00 - 2:15 PM
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
SPORTS INJURIES: EVALUATION AND TREATMENT
Doulas Moran, MD
- Identify common sports injuries seen in primary care.
- Analyze physical assessment and diagnostic evaluation.
- Discuss treatment recommendatons and when to refer.
TREATING THE SURGICAL ABDOMEN IN PRIMARY CARE
Alice Gervansini, PhD, RN
ACUTE MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION
Shawn A. Gregory, MD, MMSc
WORKING WITH ADOLESCENTS FOR STI/HIV PREVENTION
Katherine Hsu, MD, MPH
- Discuss adolescent sexual exploration in the context of normal human development.
- Identify existing practice tools to improve risk assessment.
- Explain STI/HIV screening as a form of “secondary prevention” for adolescents
- Discuss HPV vaccination as a form of “primary prevention” for adolescents.
- Review option of Expedited Partner Therapy to treat partners of adolescent patients and prevent reinfection.
BEING A NURSE PRACTITIONER PRECEPTOR
Holly B. Fontenot, PhD, RN, WHNP-BC
- Define the various styles of preceptorship and identify strengths and weaknesses of each type.
- Describe techniques for positive student preceptor communication and communication with the academic institution.
- Identify benefits and clinical challenges to becoming a preceptor and/or strategies to enhance current preceptorship experiences in today’s high demand clinical environment.
* Eligible for pharmacology contact hours