Conference Session F: 10:15 - 11:30 am
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
MANAGING DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY IN THE PRIMARY CARE SETTING
Jennifer A. Ganem, MS, APRN
- Identify patients with depression, anxiety and the often missed diagnosis of bipolar disorder.
- Educate patients on their diagnosis and the available treatment options.
- Confidently choose a medication and dose that fits your patient’s needs.
- Utilize strategies to increase medication compliance.
- Create a list of referral sources in your community
ADULT CONGENITAL HEART DISEASE
Thomas B. Johnson, MD
- Explain issues specific to the progression of congenital heart disease.
- Understand the assessment of the adult with congenital heart disease.
- Discuss the management of the aging patient with congenital heart disease.
ACUTE RENAL FAILURE
Rudolph Pullmann, MD
- Identify the common causes of renal failure including identification of prerenal and intrinsic factors.
- Explain the diagnosis of acute renal failure including signs and symptoms and laboratory criteria.
- Discuss the treatment of acute renal failure and ongoing management/monitoring of these patients.
MEDICAL GENETICS IN PEDIATRIC PRACTICE
John B. Moeschler, MD, MS
- Analyze newer diagnostic testing in genetics.
- Discuss appropriate referrals to genetics.
- Explain the implications for primary care providers in working with individuals with genetic conditions
CHOOSING WISELY: EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE OF MEDICAL TESTING
Gene E. Harkless, DNSc, APRN
- Discuss over use of medical testing.
- Analyze the evidence-based practice of medical testing.
* Eligible for pharmacology contact hours