Conference Session E: 8:45 - 10:00 am
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
Maureen C. Hughes, MD
- Analyze the assessment of headaches.
- Discuss the classification of headaches.
- Explain the clinical management of headaches.
MANAGEMENT OF ATRIAL FIBRILLATION
Susan D'Anna, MSN, NP
- Interpret the symptoms and clinical consequences of atrial fibrillation.
- Explain the pharmacological management of atrial fibrillation including medications for rate control, rhythm control and anticoagulation.
EVALUATION AND TREATMENT OF PULMONARY EMBOLI #
Louise Meyer, ARNP
- Provide an overview of venous thromboembolism (VTE) including prevalence, risk factors and pathophysiology.
- Explain prophylaxis for VTE.
- Discuss the management of VTE including the latest Chest Guidelines, newer approaches and antithrombotic agents.
- Consider what the future may hold regarding VTE.
# Please note this is a change from what is printed in the conference brochure.
Bonnie Proulx, MS, APRN
- Review normal vs. abnormal physiology between GER and GERD.
- Discuss the underlying pathology of GERD in babies and children.
- Review treatment options for GER and GERD in babies and children.
BUSINESS ISSUES FOR NURSE PRACTITIONERS IN THE NEW HEALTH CARE SYSTEM
Mary Bidgood-Wilson, APRN, CMN
- Analyze the essentials of the ACA with 2014 updates.
- Critique the NP’s position in the ACO and define Shared Savings.
- Evaluate individual and group NPI numbers and identify issues with reporting statistics.
- Explain the 2014 Insurance Marketplace and Define Team Based Care.
* Eligible for pharmacology contact hours