Conference Session C: 2:30 - 3:45 pm
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
UPDATE ON ADULT HIV - 2014
Todd King, PA
- Provide overview of recent new medications and combinations available.
- Review the current treatment guidelines.
- Discuss changes in post-exposure prophylaxis.
- Update regarding pre-exposure prophylaxis.
MANAGEMENT OF CHRONIC HEART FAILURE
Marilyn I. Daley, DNP, APRN, CHFN
- Analyze the pathophysiology of chronic heart failure.
- Describe overall management of both chronic heart failure and acute exacerbations.
- Explain the pharmacological management of heart failure.
TREATMENT OF TYPE 2 DIABETES DURING HOSPITALIZATION: IS IT NECESSARY?
Patti Duprey, APRN, CDE
- State the importance of recognizing hyperglycemia during the hospital stay.
- Differentiate between sliding scale insulin and physiologic insulin.
- Describe the components of a hyperglycemia treatment pathway.
- Discuss the alternatives for transitional care from hospital to home.
DYSFUNCTIONAL ELIMINATION IN CHILDREN
Bridget A. Logan, PhD, APRN
- Describe the interaction between bladder and bowel dysfunction.
- Summarize the ways that primary care nurse practitioners can implement bowel and bladder retraining.
- Identify complicating factors that warrant referral to pediatric urology.
POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME: MENARCHE THROUGH MENOPAUSE AND BEYOND
Cynthia DeSteuben, APRN, CNM, FNP
- Describe the diagnostic criteria for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
- Identify health consequences of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
- List lifestyle changes a woman can make to reduce her health risks from this disease.
* Eligible for pharmacology contact hours