Conference Session A: 10:00 - 11:15 am
northeast regional nurse practitioner conference
ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF CEREBRAL VASCULAR ACCIDENT
Keith J. McAvoy, MD
- Review the pathophysiology of Cerebral Vascular Accident.
- Describe the assessment of the patient who is experiencing a Cerebral Vascular Accident.
- Discuss the early management of Cerebral Vascular Accident.
RADIOLOGY 101: WHAT TO ORDER WHEN
Marion l. Growney, MSN, ACNP
Martin D. Black, MD
- Describe the epidemiology of pulmonary hypertension.
- Explain the evaluation and diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension.
- State the treatment options for this patient population.
PEDIATRIC SPORTS MEDICINE
Cynthia Stein, MD, MPH
- Recognize some of the most common sports injuries, including stress fractures and concussions.
- Outline the basics of treatment for sports injury.
- Identify methods of injury prevention.
PREVENTION OF WOMEN'S CANCERS THROUGH RISK IDENTIFICATION AND EARLY INTERVENTION
Karen J. Carlson, MD
- Identify the most important risk factors for ovarian, breast, and endometrial cancers.
- Understand the evidence regarding benefits and risks of interventions to reduce risk.
- Develop an approach for counseling women about available options for reducing risk and early detection of ovarian, breast, and endometrial cancer.
- Know when to refer women at highest risk for specialist consultation and surveillance.
* Eligible for pharmacology contact hours