bc continuing education
This course offering is designed to meet the mandatory educational requirement of APRN prescribers and prepare APNs for prescribing psychotropic medications. Course readings, certification review questions and lectures by experts in psychopharmacology are available online. Topics include assessing the need for medication, selection of medication, medical rule-outs, safe and proper monitoring, and beginning/advanced pharmacotherapy options.
Each class may also be taken separately for $88.
The thirteen class choices are
- Liability and Ethics in Psychopharmacology Prescribing Practices
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety & Panic Disorders
- Eating & Obsessive Compulsive
- Major Depression
- Mood Disorders in Children
- Substance Abuse & Dual Diagnosis
- Psychotic Depression & Use of ECT
- No Class - Marathon Monday
- Borderline and Other Personality Disorders
- Geriatric & Mentally Ill Patients
- Medication Management Issues
|NS10701||1/12/1 - 4/27/15
4:30 - 7:30
Requests to transfer payments to another course, and cancellations, are only accepted in writing (or by e-mail to email@example.com) four weeks prior to the start of the course.
A refund (less $70 administrative costs) is provided only if a cancellation is requested in writing (or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org) four weeks prior to the start of the course. No refunds will be made for cancellations requested after that date or for no-shows.