Global News Stories
connell school global experience
- Students and faculty participate in summer course in Switzerland.
- Three undergrad students travel to Lourdes on what has become an annual pilgrimage for CSON.
- Annual fundraiser for the Haiti trip
- Connell School students Lindsay Lachky ’13, Georgia Silvia ’13, and Christy Tran ’12 traveled to Lourdes, France to assist pilgrims visiting the shrine.
- Associate Professor Rosanna DeMarco and retired faculty member Ronna Krozy spoke at La Universidad Americana in Nicaragua.
- BC and Swiss students and faculty come together for course on global healthcare.
- Boston College professors and students care for HIV patients and conduct research in Ho Chi Mihn City.
- Rosanna DeMarco will bring her research on women living with HIV to Scotland.
- Four Connell School of Nursing students were awarded 2012 Advanced Study Grants by the University Fellowships Committee.
- CSON student Will Sutton joins ten students in Nicaragua for a service trip over spring break.
- M.S./Ph.D. student Anna Paskausky was chosen to attend Womensphere Emerging Leaders Global Summit.
- Institute of Liberal Arts awarded associate professor Rosanna DeMarco with a major interdisciplinary grant.
- CSON faculty, alumni, and students participated together in a seminar focused on global nursing.
- A group of KILN Scholars presented a program about their global health experiences at the Sigma Theta Tau International.
- Karen H. Morin, President of STT, was the fall Pinnacle Lecture Series speaker.
- Dean Susan Gennaro and three Connell School seniors assisted the ill on the Order of Malta’s annual trip to Lourdes, France.
- When disaster struck her homeland, CSON doctoral student Nahoko Harada was able to put her nursing skills to work.
- Despite setback, CSON hopeful on Haiti trip.
- Swiss leaders sign agreement with Boston College.
- Connell students turn to international sources for summer educational experiences.
- Psychiatric mental health experts visit from Japan to discuss the creation of a graduate nursing program in their hospital.
- Undergraduates are invited to participate in a program with other students from around the world in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Students expand their knowledge of global health in Ecuador as part of a new course taught by Joyce Pulcini.
- Three Connell School seniors chronicle their experiences in Lourdes assisting pilgrims who were visiting the shrine.
- PhD students to attend research program at the University of Basel's Institute of Nursing Science.
- Undergraduate student awarded prestigious Boren Scholarship to study Xhosa in South Africa.
- Annie Lewis O'Connor PhD '08 travels to Haiti to respond to the desperate need for emergency aid.
- Nurse leader visits Connell School to talk about what America can learn from Swiss health care.
- Flanagan appointed editor of the International Journal of Nursing Terminologies and Classifications.
- Students reflect on a transformative experience in Lourdes, France.
- Katya Wheelwright '12, who is currently preparing to travel to Uganda to work in a clinic and teach disease prevention, was recently profiled in The MetroWest Daily News.
- Books donated by Connell School faculty and students were brought to Rwanda this month by Team Heart, a volunteer group based out of Brigham and Women's Hospital that performs cardiac surgeries for rheumatic heart disease.