Partnering with City Connects makes a difference for students, schools, and families. For community agencies, involvement with City Connects means serving students better.
- Current page: Higher Statewide Test Scores
- Higher Standardized Test Scores - Elementary
- Less Chronic Absenteeism
- Less Retention in Grades
- Preventing Dropout
- Increasing Exam School Attendance
- Higher Report Card Scores - Elementary
- Higher Report Card Scores - Middle School
- Increased Health Knowledge
- Services Tailored to Students
- Community Agencies
"I think that if we’re providing the support for a student to experience success as a learner, and academically, emotionally, and socially, it will ultimately impact our standardized test scores."
Higher Statewide Standardized Test Scores
City Connects students outperform their Boston peers in middle school and achieve close to state proficiency levels in both English and Math on the Massachusetts statewide standardized test (MCAS). After leaving a City Connects school at the end of grade 5, significant long-term effects continue through eighth grade. This figure shows the percentage of students achieving in the Proficient or Advanced categories on the MCAS Math exam.
Citation: The Impact of City Connects: Progress Report 2014, p. 22-24.