Requirements For Admission
Urban Catholic Teacher Corps
- Admission to the Lynch School of Education (Curriculum & Instruction) - Before being admitted to UCTC, candidates must first be accepted to the Master of Education Program in Curriculum & Instruction in the Lynch School of Education at Boston College. UCTC will review candidates prior to notification of acceptance to the Lynch School, however final decisions cannot be made regarding any candidates for UCTC until the Lynch School has made all admissions decisions.
- Vocation to teach in Catholic schools - Successful candidates to UCTC have discerned a desire to teach in Catholic schools serving urban students and see teaching in this setting as a life calling.
- Desire to live in an intentional faith-based community and to grow in your own faith - Community living is a required component of program participation. UCTC members live, learn, and actively support each other throughout the two year commitment. All participants must have a desire and be willing to commit themselves to focusing on their own continued faith formation.
- Full year of supervised student teaching or other previous supervised teaching experience - Most often applicants to UCTC are education majors or minors, however depending on the program of study available at your undergraduate institution this may or may not be the case. No matter your undergraduate program of study, all candidates must have completed a supervised student teaching experience or one year of supervised teaching experience in order to be considered for admission to UCTC.
- Eligibility for Massachusetts Initial Licensure - For more information on eligibility for initial licensure in MA, visit the Commonwealth of Mass. Department of Education Licensure Page.