2013 Institute Reading Materials
According to Scheduled Programming at the Institute
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AN ELECTRONIC COPY OF THE 2013 IACHE PACKET
Monday, July 8
Opening Address - Catholic Higher Education: A Conversation with Presidents- Rev. William Leahy, SJ, President, Boston College, Rev. Dennis Holtschneider, CM, President, DePaul University and Dr. Mary Pat Seurkamp, President Emerita, College of Notre Dame of Maryland
- Yanikoski, R. A. (2010). Catholic higher education: The untold story. Origins, 39(36), 588-594.
Tuesday, July 9
The Catholic Church and Higher Education- Dr. Michael Galligan-Stierle, President, ACCU
- McCloskey, P., O.F.M. (1989). The Roman curia: How the church is run. Cincinnati, OH: St. Anthony Messenger.
Administration as Vocation- Dr. Cynthia Zane, President, Hilbert College
Small Group Session I -Dr. James Trainer, Villanova University
Teaching Catholic Social Justice- Dr. Patrick McCormick, Chair and Professor of Religious Studies, Gonzaga University
- McCormick, P. (2008). Catholic social teaching & the Catholic intellectual tradition: Teaching Catholic social justice.
Wednesday, July 10
The Catholic Intellectual Tradition: An Ongoing Conversation at Boston College- Rev. Gregory Kalscheur, S.J., Associate Professor, Boston College Law School
Healthy Secularity and the Task of the Catholic University
Boston College C21 Resources: Spring 2013: Exploring the Catholic Intellectual Tradition
Increasing Faculty Knowledge and Understanding of Mission
Principles of Good Practice for Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities - Dr. Sandra Estanek - Professor, Graduate Education and Leadership, Canisius College and Dr. Michael James, Fellow, Roche Center for Catholic Education, Boston College
Thursday, July 11
Promoting a Culture of Mission on Campus- Dr. Tom Reynolds - Vice President for Mission, Regis University
- Miller, Amata, I.H.M. (2011). Infusing Catholic identity throughout the campus community. Journal of Catholic Higher Education, 300(1), 13-20.
- Trainor, S. L. (2006). A delicate balance: The Catholic college in America. Change, 38(2), 14-21.
- Sectarian Catholicism [Editorial]. (2009, May 11). America, 200, 11.
Small Group Session II- Dr. Sandra Estanek, Canisius College
Managing and Leading the Mission- Rev. Dennis Holtschneider, C.M. President, DePaul University