educational research, measurement and evaluation
Student Publications Co-authored with Faculty
- Reeves, T. D., & Li, Z. M. (in press). Teachers' technological readiness for online professional development: Evidence from the USA's e-Learning for Educators initiative. Journal of Education for Teaching.
- O’Dwyer, L.M. & Kavanaugh, M. (In review). Gender Differences in Mathematics Achievement: Exploring the Lower-level Mediation Effects of Self-Efficacy. Journal of Educational Psychology.
- Tucker-Seeley, K., Russell, M. & O’Dwyer, L.M. (in review). The effects of using Likert vs. visual analog scale response options on the outcome of a Web-based survey of 4th through 12th grade students: Data from a randomized experiment. Behavior Research Methods.
- Ludlow LH, Rollison J, Cronin J & Wallingford T (2012). Development of the Teaching Economic Literacy: Confidence and Anxiety (TELCA) Instrument. International Journal of Educational and Psychological Assessment, Vol 9(2) HM,
- Fragala-Pinkham MA, Haley SM, Ni P, Coster W, Kramer JM, Kao YC, Moed R, Ludlow LH. (2012). Computer adaptive test performance in children with and without disabilities: prospective field study of the PEDI-CAT. Disability Rehabilitation.
- Ludlow LH, Pedulla JJ, Reagan EM, Enterline S, Cannady M & Chappe S. (2011). Design and implementation issues in longitudinal research. Educational Policy Analysis Archives.
- Russell, M. & Kavanaugh, M. (2011). Assessing Students in the Margins: Challenges, Strategies, and Techniques.
- Braun, H., Chapman, L., Vezzu, S. (2010). The Black-White achievement gap revisited. Education Policy Analysis Archives,18 (21). Retrieved 10/14/2010, from http://epaa.asu.edu/ojs/article/view/772.
- Chapman, L. & Ludlow, L.H. (2010). Can downsizing college class sizes augment student outcomes: An investigation of the effects of class size on student learning. The Journal of General Education, 59 (2), 105-122.
- Ludlow, L.H., Mitescu, E., Pedulla, J., Cochran-Smith, M., Cannady, M., Enterline, S., & Chappe, S. (2010). An accountability model for initial teacher education. Journal for Education for Teaching, 36 (4), 353-368.
- Jong, C., Pedulla, P., Mitescu, E., Salomon-Fernandez, Y., & Cochran-Smith, M. (2010). Exploring the link between reformed teaching practices and pupil learning in elementary school mathematics. School Science and Mathematics Journal, 110 (6), 309-326.
- Russell, M., O’Dwyer, L.M., & Miranda, H. (2009). Diagnosing students’ misconceptions in algebra: Results from an experimental pilot study. Behavior Research Methods, 41(2), 414-424.
- Haley SM, Ni PS, Jette AM, Tao W, Moed R, Meyers D & Ludlow LH (2009). Replenishing computer adaptive testing (CAT) of daily activities: Analyzing the impact of pre-test items. Quality of Life Research. 18: 461-471. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11136-009-9463-5
- Enterline S,. Cochran-Smith M, Ludlow LH & Mitescu E. (2008). Learning to teach for social justice: Measuring change in the beliefs of teacher candidates. The New Educator, 4, 267-290.
- Ludlow LH, Pedulla J, Enterline SE, Cochran-Smith M, Loftus F, Salomon-Fernandez Y & Mitescu E. (2008). From students to teachers: Using surveys to build a culture of evidence and inquiry. European Journal of Teacher Education, 31(4), 319-337.
- Ludlow, LH, Enterline, S & Cochran-Smith, M (2008) Learning to Teach for Social Justice—Beliefs scale: An application of Rasch measurement principles. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, 20, 194-214.
- Mullis, I.V.S., Martin, M.O., & Foy, P. (with Olson, J.F., Preuschoff, C., Erberber, E., Arora, A., & Galia, J.)TIMSS 2007 International Mathematics Report: Findings from IEA’s Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study at the Fourth and Eighth Grades.. TIMSS & PIRLS International Study Center, Chestnut Hill, MA. Boston College, 2008.
- Martin, M.O., Mullis, I.V.S., & Foy, P. (with Olson, J.F., Erberber, E., Preuschoff, C., & Galia, J.). TIMSS 2007 International Science Report: Findings from IEA’s Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study at the Fourth and Eighth Grades. TIMSS & PIRLS International Study Center, Chestnut Hill, MA. Boston College, 2008.
- Mullis, I.V.S., Martin, M.O., Olson, J.F., Berger, D.R., Milne, D., & Stanco, G.M. (eds.). TIMSS 2007 Encyclopedia: A Guide to Mathematics and Science Education Around the World (Volumes 1 and 2). TIMSS & PIRLS International Study Center, Chestnut Hill, MA. Boston College, 2008.
- O’Dwyer, L.M., Russell, M., Bebell, D., & Tucker-Seeley, K. (2008) Examining the relationship between students’ mathematics test scores and computer use at home and at school. Journal of Technology, Learning and Assessment, 6(5).
- Russell, M. & Famularo, L. (2008). Testing what students in the gap can do. Journal of Applied Testing Technology, 9(4).