Course Reserve Information for Faculty
boston college law library
The course reserve collection is located behind the Information Desk and consists of books, photocopies, videotapes and other materials – library-owned or personal copies – which are required or recommended resources for law school classes. These items are easily identified in the online catalog Holmes by their Law Course Reserves location.
To submit Reserve requests, send an e-mail message to Kelli Farrington with the author, title and pertinent bibliographic information for the items required. Personal copies may be brought to the Information Desk for processing.
You may also submit a reserve request by using Holmes and following these steps:
- Search for the needed item using your usual search method.
- When the correct title is found, click box next to # to select the record. (A check mark will appear in box.)
- Click the Add to My List button.
- Repeat for additional books.
- Click View Selected.
- Click Save/e-mail.
- In the Record View window, choose Full View.
- In the e-mail Address window, type firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the Text window, include the following information:
- Your full name
- Course number, section number and course name
- Click Send button.
August 1 for Fall semester
December 1 for Spring semester
Some members of the faculty have chosen to place material for their courses on their course web sites.