Law Day 2012 Slideshow
Boston College Chancellor J. Donald Monan, SJ, received BC Law’s highest honor at the 2012 Law Day celebration May 1. Some 275 people gathered at the Seaport Hotel in Boston to acknowledge Monan and five other alumni for their accomplishments and contributions to the profession.
View a slideshow from the event:
Event co-chairs Evelynne L. Swagerty ’84 and Mark J. Warner ’89 bestowed the following awards at this year's Law Day:
- The St. Thomas More Award on J. Donald Monan, SJ, chancellor of Boston College.
- The William J. Kenealy, SJ, Alumnus of the Year Award on John Montgomery ’75 of Ropes & Gray.
- The Hon. David S. Nelson Public Interest Law Award on Kimberly Motley-Phillips ’90 of Neighborhood Legal Services and Barbara Siegel ’89 of Senior Partners for Justice Volunteer Lawyers Project.
- The Daniel G. Holland Lifetime Achievement Award on Paul Kane ’70 of McGrath & Kane.
- The Recent Graduate Award to Dominic Blu ’02 of MassMutual Financial Group.
Proceeds from the event are donated to the Law School Fund in support of the Francis X. Bellotti Loan Repayment and Forgiveness Program.
To nominate someone for an award for Law Day 2013, please contact Director of Alumni Relations Christine Kelly, 617-552-4703 or firstname.lastname@example.org.