Financial Management Services
Financial management services (FMS) are a support function to help participants and their representatives use participant-directed services.
The primary duties of a FMS provider are to:
- Provide protections and safeguards for participants, their representatives and program administrative agencies.
- Complete financial transactions on behalf of participants in accordance with spending plans, authorizations and/or program rules. (This could include paying workers, agencies or other goods and services vendors.)
- Generate reports for individuals and program administrative agencies showing financial transactions, spending plan data and other information applicable to the program.
For more information:
- If you are new to FMS, watch our FMS 101 video.
- If you work for an FMS agency and are considering FMS membership, read this overview.
- Visit our Tools & Resources for extensive materials on FMS best practices and guidelines.
2011 Financial Management Services Conference
The FMS Conference was held November 14 & 15, 2011 in Baltimore, MD. View the conference materials.