Our Mission, Vision & Values
The Lynch Leadership Academy aims to enhance the lives of urban children and families by strengthening the leadership capacity of urban K‐12 principals and headmasters from district, charter, and Catholic schools.
Lynch Leadership Academy Fellows engage in cohort building, shared action research, coaching, and collaborative networking within and across sectors. The curriculum centers around our core competencies:
- Instructional Leadership: Enhance principals' capacity to promote instructional leadership across district, charter, and Catholic schools;
- Human Capital Management: Enhance principals’ capacity to improve staff effectiveness, learning, and teaching across district, charter, and Catholic schools;
- Systems & Operations: Develop principals’ operational skills and systems knowledge across district, charter, and Catholic schools;
- Problem Solving: Increase principals’ skills to use data to inform decisions and instruction;
- Self-Awareness: Develop principals’ skills in distributed leadership and ability to manage up; and
- Interpersonal Relationships: Improve quality of relationships between principals and students, staff, families, and other stakeholders.