High marks, December
Below is a sampling of distinctions earned during the last two months.
- The Carroll School was ranked 39th among the top 50 graduate schools of business by U.S. News. See the ranking.
- The New York Times interviewed Professor Edith Hotchkiss on the operational performance of recent buyout targets. Read the article.
- The American Accounting Association announced that Associate Professor Jeffrey Cohen has won the KPMG Mentoring Award, recognizing a "special mentor who has affected the lives of women in accounting."
- Picks by the undergraduate members of the BC Investment Club have outperformed the S&P 500, reports TheStreet.com. Read the article.
- Richard Keeley, associate dean for undergraduates, was invited to serve on a two-member advisory committee to the KLD Research and Analytics Catholic Values 400 Index (CV400), an index that reflects large-cap U.S. equities of interest to investors who seek equity ownership in alignment with the values and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. Open the announcement [pdf].