Slavic Studies Major
slavic & eastern languages and literatures
Ten courses, 30 credits
The interdisciplinary major in Slavic Studies provides broadly based training in scholarship about Russia and the nations of Eastern Europe.
The normal program for this major requires a miniumum of ten one-semester courses (30 credits):
- Two courses (six credits) in a Slavic language at or above the intermediate level
- One course (three credits) in Slavic civilizations (usually SL231 Slavic Civilizations)
- Two courses (six credits) in a Slavic literature
- Two courses (six credits) on Slavic history or social sciences
- Three electives (nine credits) in general Slavic studies (list of approved courses available).