Learning Outcomes Assessment
romance languages and literatures
In accordance with federally mandated assessment policy, we provide the following information. The Department expects its majors to have acquired the following sets of skills and knowledge by the time they graduate from Boston College:
- Demonstrate proficiency in a Romance Language.
- Make cogent, persuasive arguments.
- Analyze and interpret literary/cultural texts.
- Identify major literary figures and their works.
- Demonstrate familiarity with literary genres and critical terminology.
- Demonstrate awareness of cultural difference, implicit and explicit, in the acquisition of a second language.