Dr. Stephen Wilson
Areas of Research
Experimental studies of strongly correlated electron systems including high temperature superconducting copper oxide and iron pnictide based systems. Studies of novel magnetic phase behavior in complex oxide materials and quantum critical systems. Experiments probing non Fermi-liquid behavior in magnetic materials. Experimental methods primarily include utilizing neutron scattering and spectroscopic techniques for the study of spin/structural order and dynamics.
- “Universal Magnetic and Structural Behaviors in the Iron Pnictides,” S. D. Wilson, C. R. Rotundu, Z. Yamani, P. Valdivia, B. Freelon, E. Bourret-Courchesne, R. J. Birgneneau, Phys. Rev. B 81, 014501 (2010).
- “Neutron Diffraction Study of Magnetic and Structural Phase Transitions in BaFe2As2,” S. D. Wilson, Z. Yamani, C. R. Rotundu, B. Freelon, E. Bourret-Courchesne, and R. J. Birgeneau, Phys. Rev. B 79, 184519 (2009).
- “Quantum Spin Correlations through the Superconducting-to-Normal Phase Transition in Electron-Doped Superconducting Pr0.88LaCe0.12CuO4-,” S. D. Wilson, S. Li, J. Zhao, G. Mu, H.-H. Wen, J. W. Lynn, P. G. Freeman, L.-P. Regnault, K. Habicht, and P. Dai, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104, 15259 (2007).
- “Evolution of the Low Energy Spin Dynamics in Electron-Doped High-Temperature Superconductor Pr0.88LaCe0.12CuO4-,” S. D. Wilson, S. Li, P. Dai, W. Bao, J.-H. Chung, H.-J. Kang, S.-H. Lee, S. Komiya, Y. Ando, and Q. Si, Phys. Rev. B 74, 144514 (2006).
- “Resonance in Electron-Doped High-Tc Superconductor Pr0.88LaCe0.12CuO4-”, S. D. Wilson, P. Dai, S. Li, S. Chi, H.-J. Kang, and J. W. Lynn, Nature 442, 59 (2006).
- “Quantum Critical Scaling and Origin of Non-Fermi-Liquid Behavior in Sc1-xUxPd3,” S. D. Wilson, P. Dai, S.-H. Lee, J.-H. Chung, D. Adroja, J. Lynn, and M. B. Maple, Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 056402 (2005).
- “Spin-Charge Coupling in Lightly Doped Nd2-xCexCuO4,” S. Li, S. D. Wilson, P. Dai, D. Mandrus, Y. Onose, and T. Tokura, Phys. Rev. B 71, 054505 (2005).
- “Evolution of Spin Excitations in Electron-Doped Pr0.88LaCe0.12CuO4-,” P. Dai, S. D. Wilson, S. Li, Physica C 460, 52 (2007).