research group of willie j. padilla
1. Terahertz Metamaterials: Artificial Materials Find a Home. International Workshop on Meta-materials and Plasmonics, Fudan University, Shanghai, China, November 13-15, 2008.
2. Electromagnetic Metamaterials: New Opportunities for Novel Devices.
International Workshop on Metamaterials, Nanjing, China, November 9–12, 2008.
3. Novel Terahertz Metamaterials: There’s Plenty of Room in the Middle.
Duke University, Electrical and Computer Engineering Seminar, October 30, 2008.
4. Metamaterials: New developments in electricity and magnetism 140 years after Maxwell's equations.
Brown University, Physics Colloquium, October 20, 2008.
5. Frequency Tunable / Agile Metamaterials.
2nd International Congress on Advanced Electromagnetic Materials in Microwaves and Optics, Pamplona, Spain , September 21-26, 2008.
6. Perfect Metamaterial Based Absorber for GHz – THz Imaging.
Laboratory for Physical Sciences, University of Maryland College Park, Physics Seminar August 17, 2008.
7. Narrow-band perfect metamaterial based absorber for terahertz imaging.
International Conference on Optical and Optoelectronic Properties of Materials and Applications, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, July 20-25, 2008.
8. Metamaterials for the terahertz gap: There's plenty of room in the middle.
University of Austin Texas, Physics Colloquium, April 9, 2008.
9. Opto-electronic control of metamaterials: New materials for the terahertz gap.
Tufts University, Electrical & Computer Engineering Seminar, February 12, 2008.
10. Metamaterials for Novel Devices.
38th Winter Colloquium on The Physics of Quantum Electronics, January 6-10, 2008, Snowbird, Utah.
11. Optoelectronic Control of Terahertz Metamaterials.
SPIE International Symposium on Microelectronics, MEMS, and Nanotechnology 4-7 December 2007, The Australian National Univ., Canberra, ACT Australia.
12. Metamaterial Electric and Magnetic Plasmons.
IEEE LEOS Plasmonics Workshop, 30th October 2007, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Lexington, MA, 02420, USA.
13. The emergence of metamaterial devices: applications at terahertz frequencies.
Metamaterials’2007: The First International Congress on Advanced Electromagnetic Materials for Microwaves and Optics, 22-26 October, 2007, Rome, Italy.
14. Metamaterial Electronics: New Devices for the Terahertz.
International Workshop on Electromagnetic Metamaterials, 5-6 Sept 2007, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM, USA.
15. Terahertz Frequency Metamaterial Devices.
Photonic and Electromagnetic Crystal Structures VII, 8-11 April 2007, Monterey, California USA.
16. Metamaterials for Novel Terahertz and Millimeter Wave Devices.
International Symposium on Signals, Systems, and Electronics (ISSSE 2007), July 30 - August 2, 2007, Montréal, Québec, Canada.
17. (Opening Plenary Lecture) Metamaterial Electronics.
SPIE Europe Congress on Optics and Optoelectronics, 16-20 April 2007, Prague, Czech Republic.
18. Novel Metamaterial Devices: Experimental Demonstrations at Terahertz Frequencies.
Components from Metamaterials Workshop, 2-3 May 2007, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Arlington, VA, USA.
19. Terahertz Metamaterials for Active, Tunable, and Dynamic Devices.
The 1st European Topical Meeting on Nanophotonics and Metamaterials, 8-11 January, 2007, Seefeld, Tirol, Austria.
20. Active, dynamic, and tunable metamaterials at terahertz frequencies.
2006 Materials Research Society Fall Meeting, Boston, MA.
21. Active Terahertz Metamaterials.
University of Connecticut, Physics Department Seminar, October 2006.
22. Photonic Metamaterials: From Random to Periodic.
Optical Society of America, Grand Bahama Island, The Bahamas. June, 2006.
23. Left Handed Metamaterials.
Workshop on Negative Index Metamaterials and Related Phenomena, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China. August, 2005.
24. THz Spectroscopy and Ellipsometry of Magnetic Metamaterials.
PIERS (Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium), Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China. August, 2005.
25. THz Metamaterials.
PECS-VI: International Symposium on Photonic and Electromagnetic Crystal Structures, Aghia Pelaghia, Crete, Greece. June, 2005.
26. Metamaterials: from microwave to THz and beyond.
Photonics West, San Jose, CA 2005.
27. Metamaterials: from microwave to THz and beyond.
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 2004.
28. THz Magnetic Response from Artificial Materials.
APS March Meeting, Montreal, Quebec, Canada 2004.
29. Infrared Spectroscopy of THz Metamaterials.
PIERS (Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium), Honolulu, HI 2003.
30. Artificial Magnetic Response at THz Frequencies.
WIRMS (Workshop on Infrared Microscopy and Spectroscopy), Lake Tahoe, CA 2003.
31. Unusual Anisotropic Electromagnetic Response in Lightly Doped La2-xSrxCuO4.
APS March Meeting 2003, Austin, TX.
32. Infrared Spectroscopy of Metamaterials.
Department of Defense MURI MetaMaterials and Devices, June 2002, Coronado, CA.