First Year Students
international studies program
Freshmen who are considering applying to become International Studies majors in their sophomore year should consider taking the following courses to fulfill their social science University Core requirement and to fulfill the core requirement in Economics for the International Studies major:
- EC 131 Principles of Microeconomics
- EC 132 Principles of Macroeconomics
Students may also consider taking one or both of the basic courses in Political Science which fulfill Disciplinary Base requirements for Political Science track for the International Studies major, as well as social science requirements of the University Core.
- PO 041 and PO 042 Fundamentals of Politics
To enroll in PO 041 or PO 042 students need to declare a Political Science major.
Although the following courses are not required, they provide excellent background for the major in International Studies, fulfill University Core requirements in Theology and History, and may be used to fulfill the International Studies core requirement in History, Culture, and Society:
- TH 161-162 The Religious Quest I and II
- HS 005-006 Asia in the World, HS 055-056 Globalization, HS 059-060 Islam and Global Modernities, or HS 063-064 Latin America in the World.