Office: Stokes Hall, Room S366
Dissertation Title: "From Common Market to European Union: Creating a new model state?"
BA, European Studies, University College Cork, Ireland
MA, History, Boston College
Modern European Economic and Political History, the European Union, International Governance & Non-State Actors, Modern French History, Modern British History
- “Restoring a Tainted Picture: Re-evaluating Britain’s Role in the EC 1972-1992”, 19th International Conference of Europeanists, March 22-24, 2012, Boston (Council for European Studies, Columbia University)
- “The Summit of ‘69: The Hague Summit & the Roots of the European Union”, Ninth Annual Loyola University Chicago History Graduate Student Conference, November 3, 2012.
- “Re-evaluating Britain’s Role in the EC 1972-1992”, Pittsburgh Papers on the European Union, University of Pittsburgh (under review)
- Online content for Valerie Hansen and Kenneth R. Curtis’ Voyages in World History, (Boston: Wadsworth, 2011)
- Online content for F. X. Noble’s Western Civilization: Beyond Boundaries, 7th edition, (Boston: Wadsworth, 2012)
Awards & Fellowships
- College Scholar, University College Cork, Ireland, 1992-1993
- Teaching Fellowship, Boston College History Department, 2011-2013
- Summer Research Grant, Boston College History Department, 2011, 2012