fine arts department
Reflections in Exile: Five Contemporary African Artists Respond to Social Injustice
South Shore Art Center
- 2009 - Urban Issues around the world (in conjunction with Hiroshima Museum), The Gallery at Essex County College, Newark, NJ.
- 2008 - Rescue Nubia Event (Photo Exhibit and Cultural Discussion), Rayburn Foyer, US Congress, Washington D.C.
- 2008 - Bleeding Drapes, The Watchung Arts Center, Watchung, NJ.
- 2007 - The African Spirit, International Student & Scholar Institute, Northeastern University, Boston, MA.
- 2007 - Die in for Darfur, Boston Common, Boston, MA.
- 2007 - Darfur Hell on Earth, Studio Soto, Pennsylvania State University, Philadelphia, PA. Boston, MA.
- 2007 - Violence Inscribed/to Eve or Hawa, Massachusetts State House,
- 2006 - Gen Genocide, Aljira, a Center for Contemporary Art, Newark, NJ.
- 2005 - Art for Darfur, Massachusetts College of Art, President Gallery,
- 2004 - On Geometry and Ashes, Kufa Gallery, London, UK.
- 2004 - Art For Darfur, At the Roots of the Conflict in Darfur Conference, The Hague, Netherlands.
- 2003 - Art of the New Sudan: A Visual Protest, The Student Union of Stockholm University, Sweden.
- 2003 - Art of the New Sudan: A Visual Protest, Sudanese Club, Berlin, Germany.
- 2002 - Our Story, Penn State, Berks, PA.
- 2001 - A Nuba Village of Fire, Omi International Arts Center, Ghent, NY.
- 2001 - Aamarp Galleries, Recent Works, Boston, MA.
- 2001 - Michigan Stast University, Resisting and Speaking to the Silence, E. Lansing, MI.
- 2000 - Vassar College, Kauda, Poughkeepsie, NY.
- 1999 - Skoto Gallery, From the Decorative Memory of Princess Asrar,
New York, NY.
Selected Group Shows
- 2009 - Legacy Gallery 360, Curry Student Center, Northeastern University, Boston, MA.
- 2008 - Reflections In Exile: Five Contemporary African Artists Respond to Social Injustice, South Shore Art Center, Cohasset, MA; Museum of the National Center of Afro-American Artists, Boston, MA.
- 2008 - Uprooted Brant Gallery, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Boston, MA.
- 2008 - Reconnections, AAMARP Gallery, Boston, MA.
- 2008 - AAI 40th/AAMARP30th Celebration Exhibition, African-American Institute, Northeastern University, Boston, MA.
- 2008 - MOSAICS, Northeastern University Alumni Center, Boston, MA.
- 2007 - MultiCultural Celebration Exhibition, Northeastern University Alumni Center, Boston, MA.
- 2006 - Heroes & Heroines: Legacies of the African Diaspora, Curry Student Center Art Gallery, Northeastern University, Boston, MA.
- 2005 - New Masters of Art, Bunker Hill Community College, Charlestown, MA.
- 2005 - Group Show, Skoto Gallery, New York, NY.
- 2004 - Art for Darfur, St James’s Picadilly, London, UK.
- 2003 - Re-Do, China, Ethan Cohen Fine Arts, New York, NY.
- 2003 - Selected Work, Skoto Gallery, New York, NY.
- 2002 - Selected Work, Omi International Arts Center, Ghent, NY.
- 2002 - A Continent Away: Multiple Identities in Contemporary African Art, Brush Art Gallery, Lowell, MA.
- 2000 - State University of New York, Distinguished identities, Staller Center for the Arts, Stony Brook, NY.
- 2000 - The Federal Reserve Bank, Voices of the African Diaspora, Boston, MA.
- 2000 - Brown University, David Winton Bell Gallery, Faculty Exhibition 2000,
- 1999 - The Temple Of Peace, New Diversity 2000, Cardiff, England.
- 1998 - Skoto Gallery, Five African Artists, New York, NY.
- 2002 - St. Botolph Club Foundation Grant, Boston, MA.
- 2001 - Community Works, Artist for Social Change Award, Community Works, Boston, MA.
- 1993 - The Two Dimensional Fine Art Graduate Award Book, Massachusetts College of Art, Boston, MA.
- 1992 First Place in Creativity, First Annual African American Show, New England School of Art & Design, Boston, MA.
- 1990 - General Exhibition Award, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Residencies and Workshops
- Artomi InternationalL Art Colony, Summer 2002, New York, Artist in Residence.
- Northeastern University African-American Artist in Residency Program, Boston, MA, Nov. 1994-Present, Artist in Residence, Vice-Chair/Exhibitions.
- Goethe Institute Khartoum, Sudan, 1988, Co-resident with German Artist Iwan Kashmider.
- Uprooted, Brant Gallery, Massachusetts College of Art and Design,
Boston, MA 2008
- Out of Pakistan, AAMARP Galleries Boston, MA, 1995. Co-created an exhibition of paintings, miniature drawings, ceramics, sculptures, and prints by Pakistani artists and American artists who have worked in Pakistan.