Learning Outcomes Assessment
It is the goal of the Communication Department that students majoring in Communication develop the following skills:
- Graduates will understand the major theories in the areas of Interpersonal Communication, Rhetorical Studies and Media Studies.
- Graduates will understand the research skills necessary for their area of study.
- Graduates will have the skill necessary to organize and write a coherent paper examining a current theoretical topic in communication.
- Graduates will have the skills to analyze and articulate logical arguments.
- Graduates will have the ability to express themselves effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Graduates will understand the ethical issues inherent in sending and receiving messages.
- Graduates will have an in-depth understanding of the ideas and methods of one of the three major subfields in Communication.