Faculty Book Chapters
Chapters in edited volumes by Communication faculty (in bold) since 2000:
- Duggan, A.P., Le Poire, B.A, Prescott, M., & Baham, C.S. (2009). Understanding the Helper: The Role of Codependency in Health Care and Health Care Outcomes. D.E. Brashers and D. Goldsmith (Eds.), Communicating to manage health and illness (pp. 271-300). New York: Routledge.
- Duggan, A.P., & Petronio, S. (2009). When your child is in crisis: Navigating medical needs with issues of privacy management. In T. Socha & G. Stamp (Eds.). Interfacing outside of home: Parents and children communicating with society (pp. 117-132). New York: Routledge.
- Barry, Ann Marie. "Science and Visual Communication." In Emlyn Koster and Mary Nucci (eds), Connecting Society with Science: The Greater Potential of Giant Screen Experiences (pp. 43-53). Giant Screen Cinema Association and the National Science Foundation.
- McLaughlin, Margaret; Zhu, Weirong; Peng, Wei; Jung, Younbo; and Jin, Seung-A. "Touch in Computer-Mediated Communication." In Elly A. Konijn, Sonja Utz, Martin Tanis, and Susan B. Barnes (eds.), Mediated Interpersonal Communication. New York: Routledge, 2008.
- Cuklanz, Lisa M. "Gendered Violence and Mass Media Representation." In Bonnie Dow and Julia T. Wood (eds.), The Sage Handbook of Gender and Communication (pp. 335-354). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2006.
- Duggan, Ashley P.; Le Poire, Beth A.; and Addis, K. "A Qualitative Analysis of Communicative Strategies Used by Partners of Substance Abusers and Depressed Individuals During Recovery: Implications for Inconsistent Nurturing as Control Theory. In Rene M. Dailey and Beth A. Le Poire (eds.), Applied Interpersonal Communication Matters: Family, Health, and Community Relations (pp. 150-174). New York: Peter Lang, 2006.
- Keith, Michael. "A Survey of Cultural Studies in Radio." In Donald G. Godfrey (ed.), Methods of Historical Analysis in Electronic Media (pp. 378-395). Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum, 2006.
- Barry, Ann Marie. "Perception Theory." In Kenneth L. Smith, Sandra Moriarty, Gretchen Barbatsis, and Keith Kenney (eds), Handbook of Visual Communication, Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum, 2005.
- Fishman, Donald A. "Copyright in a Digital World: Intellectual Property Rights in Cyberspace." In Susan Drucker and Gary Gumpert (eds.), Real Law @ Virtual Space: Communication Regulation in Cyberspace, 2nd ed. (pp. 171-200). Cresskill, NJ: Hampton, 2005.
- Fishman, Donald A. "The Cold War: Three Episodes in Waging a Cinematic Battle." In Marilyn J. Matelski and Nancy L. Street (eds.) War and Film in America: Historical and Critical Essays (pp. 43-66). Jefferson, NC: McFarland, 2003.
- Fishman, Donald A. "U.S. v. O'Brien." In Richard A. Parker (eds.), Free Speech on Trial: Communication Perspectives on Landmark Supreme Court Decisions (pp. 130-144). Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press, 2003.
- Lammers, John C., Barbour, J. B., and Duggan, Ashley. "Organizational Forms for the Provision of Health Care." In Teresa L. Thompson, Alicia M. Dorsey, Katherine I. Miller, and Roxanne Parrott (eds.), The Handbook of Health Communication (pp. 319-346). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum, 2003.
- Fishman, Donald A. "Joseph R. McCarthy: Historiography and Rhetorical Strategies Revisited." In G. Thomas Goodnight (ed.), Arguing Communication and Culture (pp. 447-454). Washington: National Communication Association, 2002.
- Fishman, Donald A. "New Technologies and Legal Arguments: The Napster Case, MP3 Files, and an Emerging Copyright Paradigm for the Digital Era." In G. Thomas Goodnight (ed.), Arguing Communication and Culture (pp. 440-446). Washington: National Communication Association, 2002.
- Keith, Michael C. "The Rise and Demise of Commercial Underground Radio." In Michele Hilmes and Jason Loviglio (eds.), Radio Reader (pp. 389-404). New York: Routledge, 2002.
- Barry, Ann Marie. "Perception, Mind and Media: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Visual Literacy." In Robert E. Griffin, William J. Gibbs, and Vicki S. Williams (eds.), Exploring the Visual Future: Art, Design, Science and Technology. International Visual Literacy Association, 2001.
- Cuklanz, Lisa M., and Wong, Wendy Siuyi. "Humor and Gender Politics: A Textual Analysis of the First Feminist Comic in Hong Kong." In Matthew P. McAllister, Edward Sewall, and Ian Gordon (eds.), Comics and Ideology (pp. 69-98). New York: Peter Lang.
- Fishman, Donald A. "Iconography and Sports: Images and Social Dramas in the Baseball Movies of the 1990s." In Susan Drucker and Gary Gumpert (eds.), Take Me Out to the Ball Game: Communicating Baseball (pp. 273-298). Cresskill, NJ: Hampton, 2001.