About the Service Center
college of arts and sciences service center
What is CASSC
The College of Arts and Sciences Service Center (CASSC) provides comprehensive, high quality administrative services. It is made up of trained staff members who are committed to providing the highest quality service to the A&S departments.
The Service Center aims to increase service and operational efficiency in order to allow A&S faculty, staff, and students to focus on the critical mission of pursuing academic excellence in teaching and research.
The A&S Service Center is part of an on-going effort to enhance services at Boston College to support faculty and staff in their daily work.
What We Do
The A&S Service Center provides the faculty and staff with timely, professional, and reliable service. We provide support for financial reporting, budget management, web services, voucher and purchasing procedures, grant administration, human resources support and travel and expense reimbursement, with the aim of streamlining and advancing the work of the A&S departments.
The Service Center offers an enhanced level of support for both faculty and staff by:
- Providing faculty and staff with one source for multiple needs
- Alleviating department staff from labor-intensive transactional activities
- Serving as the primary liaison between departments and central University administrative departments (Budget, Procurement Services, Dean’s Office, etc.)
- Offering proactive, consistent and on-going financial support and analysis
- Providing departments with support when working with an evolving university budget process
- Helping departments navigate PeopleSoft and manage financial and HR policies
- Relieving departments from administrative work associated with contracts and grants activities
- Serving as a resource for web site development and maintenance
- Finding ways to continually improve services and adopt best practices
- Streamlining processes and developing consistent practices for administrative functions
- Assisting with the roll-out of new processes, procedures and system tools.
Departments we support
Earth and Environmental Sciences
Romance Languages and Literatures
Slavic & Eastern Languages and Literatures