Social and Political Activism
- Urban Education Web--UEweb is dedicated to urban students, their families, and the educators who serve them. UEweb offers manuals, brief articles, annotated bibliographies, reviews and summaries of outstanding publications, and conference announcements in urban education.
- The Progressive Directory from the Institute for Global Communication
- World Affairs Council of Northern California--The World Affairs Council is a non partisan, non profit organization with over 11,000 members throughout the Bay Area. Founded in 1947, the Council is now the largest foreign affairs organization in the United States. The mission of the Council is to provide its members and the larger community with information on current international and foreign affairs.
- The Contact Center Network--This Contact Center provides links to nonprofit organizations on the Internet.
- The Human Rights Web Home Page
- University of Minnesota Human Rights Library--This human rights library contains a collection of over ninety of the most important international human rights instruments, treaties, declarations, and other materials -- together with authoritative citations. The library also provides links to other useful sites containing information about human rights, as well as relevant resources.
- The Action Coalition Home Page--a non-profit organization that is dedicated to facilitating the work of individuals and organizations working towards justice, human rights, a sustainable environment, and eradicating the worst aspects of poverty.
- International Red Cross--This on line service provided by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), based in Geneva, Switzerland.
- CARE--CARE is the world's largest private relief and development organization. CARE works in 61 nations in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- Habitat for Humanity International--a community service organization which renovates and builds homes with the goal of eliminating poverty housing from the world and providing decent shelter for all.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation--A non-profit civil liberties organization working in the public interest to protect privacy, free expression, and access to online resources and information.
- Proportional Representation Web Sites--Washington State Citizens for Proportional Representation represents Washington State voters dedicated to fair representation in local, state, and federal elections. PR Society of Australia Australia PR Group Elections: Results and Voting systems Democracy 2000 An innovative reform organization with a lot of great links Canadians for PR Electoral Reform Society -- One of England's leading.
- The Right Side of the Web--The Right Side of the Web exists to counter all the socialism and moral anarchy you'll find on the Net and to provide a home on the World Wide Web for what most people would call the conservative point of view.
- Libertarian Party
- National Rifle Association Home Page--The NRA was incorporated in 1871 to provide firearms training and encourage interest in the shooting sports.
- Arms Rights & Liberty Information on the Internet
- Center for Disease Control National AIDS Clearinghouse--The CDC National AIDS Clearinghouse is a comprehensive information service for people working in the fields of HIV prevention, care, and support. All of the Clearinghouse's services are designed to facilitate the sharing of information and resources on education and prevention, research findings, and news about AIDS-related trends.
- Canadian Medical Association Online--CMA Online provides information about the CMA, its provincial and territorial divisions, its wholly owned financial subsidiary, MD Management, and its publications and publishing services. CMA Online also provides important and up-to-date health care information.
- Gulf War Veterans Resource Page--topics of concern to Gulf War Veterans, including newsletters of Veteran Organizations and information on "Gulf War Syndrome" symptoms.
- The New York Clinic Defense Task Force--Anti-choice organizations around the country have announced massive clinic blockades in New York City this Memorial Day weekend to challenge clinic protection laws. This page provides information to pro-choice New Yorkers on how to defend these clinics.
- Legal Research Meta-Index
- Legal Information Institute at Cornell
- LawInfo-- LawInfo is an online source for legal representation and legal information.
- University of Southern California Law Center--Links to a wide variety of legal information.
- The National Lawnet--A comprehensive, quality controlled set of links to legal resources on the net.
- ACLU Reading Room
- Stanford Journal of Law, Business & Finance--The Stanford Journal of Law, Business & Finance provides a forum in which prominent practitioners and academics can address current and emerging legal issues in business and finance.
- The Securities Law Home Page-- This Web Site is designed to provide information regarding the law as it relates to the United States financial markets, and those who participate in those markets - stock brokers and investors.
- Tenant Net--An Online Resource for Residential Tenants' Rights.
- Nolo Press Home Page--Nolo publishes easy-to-use books and software on consumer law subjects such as wills, small claims court, divorce and debt problems. Nolo also provides excellent legal information to small business, including help with incorporation, partnerships, employment law, patents and trademarks. Nolo Press is dedicated to the simple proposition that the American legal system should be affordable and accessible to all.
- Law and Economics--an index to legal and economic resources on the Internet.
- Colorado Legal Alliance--a website pointing to national resources for the benefit of the Colorado legal community and vice versa.
- CyberLaw (tm) & CyberLex (tm)--CyberLaw is an educational service focusing on legal issues concerning computer technology. CyberLex reports legal developments touching the computer industry.
- Copyright Clearance Center Online--the Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) is a not-for-profit organization that provides collective copyright licensing services.
- LBL's Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues in Science--Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory's ELSI in Science program is a pilot project designed to stimulate discussions on the implications of selected areas of scientific research.
- American Arbitration Association--The American Arbitration Association has, for almost seventy years, pioneered the alternative dispute resolution movement in virtually every area of public and private life. The Association does not decide cases. Rather, it provides a forum for the hearing of disputes. A not-for-profit, public service organization, the Association has maintained its integrity by providing a fair and equitable process for all users of its services.
- Basic Immigration Resources"--information on immigration
News and Current Affairs
- NewsLink--a comprehensive on-line news resource featuring links to newpapers broadcasters, and magazines.
- AP Online Top News--A regularly updated report from The Associated Press.
- San Jose Mercury News
- Edmond Evening SUN--Ongoing coverage of the AP Murrah Federal Building Bombing in Oklahoma City.
- BBC World Service Weekly Diary--By scanning foreign media, including live broadcasts, news agencies and press, BBC Monitoring provides a unique economic and political information service. The Weekly Diary provides a list of events expected to be covered in the next few days.
- American Journalism Review--a comprehensive guide to journalism resources on the World Wide Web.
- Black Star Online--a showcase of photojournalistic images highlighting news and current events since 1935.