Asian American Studies
college of arts and sciences
The American Studies program offers a special concentration in Asian American Studies. This concentration requires minors to take the senior seminar plus five other courses that specifically address Asian American culture. The special concentration enables, thorough exploration, the emergence of a fast-growing but still largely invisible racial minority in the United States. To develop an individualized program of study email the Asian American Studies program director, Professor Min Song.
- Senior Seminar in American Studies
- EN 246 Introduction to Asian American Literature
- PS 354 Culture, Identity, and Asian American Experience
- Three additional courses:
- At least one course in Asian Studies
- At least one course in Asian American Studies
Students interested in this special sequence should meet with Professor Ramsay Liem. Professor Liem can provide a list of courses relevant to this special sequence.