Eighty Percent Sabbaticals
A limited number of full-year sabbatical leaves at eighty-percent of salary are currently available. Those wishing to apply for these grants should follow the same procedure as described in Sabbatical Leave and check their preference for an eighty-percent sabbatical on the application form. Information on the application procedure in each school is available from the dean. Like the Faculty Fellowship Program, these grants are intended to promote faculty research and scholarly publication. Criteria for awarding grants are:
- demonstrated competence in the area of projected research
- value of the research as a contribution to knowledge
- benefit of the research to the professional development of the applicant
- effect on the academic vitality of Boston College
- likelihood of scholarly publication.
Those applying for the grants will be expected to apply for external grants for which they are eligible.
During an eighty-percent full-year sabbatical, retirement plan contributions, which are a percentage of salary received, will be reduced by twenty-percent.