Love Your Body Week
A week to promote body awareness and healthy body image at BC
Love Your Body Week is a week of programming dedicated to promoting healthy body image on the Boston College campus. The week is hosted every fall semester by the Women's Resource Center and provides a time for students to consider their relationships with their bodies.
Programs aim to educate and provide resources about the following:
- Symptoms and effects of eating disorders
- Healthy eating and exercise habits
- Body image issues specific to certain groups of people due to race, class, or gender
- The media's influence on body image
- How to have a healthy and positive relationship with one's own body
The week culminates in a performative reading of "The Good Body," a groundbreaking play about body image by Eve Ensler (author of "The Vagina Monologues") which promotes the idea that one’s body is never broken and never has to be fixed.
Love Your Body Week will be held this year on November 12 - 16, 2012.
Click here to learn about the EveryBODY weekly challenge (participation not limited to LYB week dates)!
As a part of Love Your Body week, the WRC and BC Rec are excited to offer Plex classes specifically for beginners. Click here for the full schedule!