IMPORTANT DATESFor Incoming Students
For Continuing Students
POLICIESNotices and Disclosures
Notice of Non-Discrimination
University Communication Policy (PDF)
QUICK LINKSAcademic Calendar
Final and Common Exam Schedules
Course Information and Schedule
Hours of Operation
VIDEO TUTORIALSDropping and Adding Courses
Reading a Degree Audit
CONTACT USBoston College
Office of Student Services
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Dear BC Student:
A warm welcome to Boston College for the 2012 fall semester! The Office of Student Services semester hours, including extended hours during drop/add, are posted on our website. If you have any questions, feel free to call the Office of Student Services at 617-552-3300 or 800-294-0294, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FALL BILLING AND PAYMENT• Graduate and College of Advancing Study Students: Fall semester bills are due on September 14.
• Review and pay student account on My Bill: Students may grant access to a parent or other third party by selecting the "Authorize Payers" link within My Bill. This ensures that parents/guardians receive timely notifications of the balance due on accounts.
• Review the Title IV Federal Financial Aid Funds requirements and submit your Federal Funds Authorization
• Online Billing and Payment Information
• Tuition and Fees
• International Wire Payments: Boston College has partnered with peerTransfer to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make international tuition payments.
• Attention QuikPAY© Payment Plan Account Holders: QuikPAY© Payment Plans are now linked to student account balances. Please review your plan on My Bill to determine if an adjustment is required based on recent account activity.
FINANCIAL AID• Don't forget to check your financial aid application status at www.bc.edu/finaidapp to make sure all required information for 2012-2013 has been received!
• Students who were awarded Perkins Loans for the first time and/or Law School, Nursing, or Sharp loans should have received an e-mail notification in August with instructions on how to sign for these loans through ECSI. If you did not receive an e-mail, please contact the Office of Student Services.
• Students awarded Direct Loans for the first time must complete Entrance Counseling and sign their promissory notes at www.studentloans.gov.
• Because of recent staff changes within the undergraduate financial aid area of Student Services, you may have been assigned a new financial aid counselor. You can find your counselor's name on your latest financial aid award notification for 2012-2013. You may also access a complete list of all of the undergraduate counselors and their caseload breakdowns from the Undergraduate Financial Aid Staff web page.
AGORA TRANSACTIONS• Check your class schedule and classroom assignments
• Sign up for direct deposit of student refunds (on My Bill)
• Review/add optional Eagle-One accounts
• Waive mandatory Medical Insurance (if applicable). For further information, visit our Medical Insurance web page. The deadline to waive medical insurance is September 14.
• Update or verify your local and home addresses, telephone/cell phone numbers, and/or emergency contacts
• Verify or update privacy preferences
• Apply for a Parking Permit
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT• Academic year student job listings were posted on the Student Services website beginning August 29, and the site is updated weeknights. Students interested in a specific job should contact that employer directly, and contact information is provided in each listing. Student job listings are created and maintained by the employing departments, offices and facilities at Boston College, and a listing will remain on this website until removed by that campus employer. Visit www.bc.edu/studentemployment for detailed information about academic year student employment.
STUDENT SERVICES• Eagle-One (ID) Cards: To obtain an Eagle-One Card, download the application (PDF) and return it to the Office of Student Services. You may also visit the Office of Student Services in Lyons Hall and obtain an Eagle-One Card. Please have a photo ID with you.
• Information regarding registration, final and common exam schedules, and degree audits.
• Register to Vote: Don't forget to register to vote! Massachusetts residents should visit www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleifv/howreg.htm. Others should visit www.eac.gov. Student Services' voter registration web page also contains information about requesting a mail-in voter registration form, voting instructions, and web links to the Massachusetts Division of Elections and to the Massachusetts and National League of Women Voters websites.
UPCOMING DATES AND DEADLINES• September 3, Monday, Labor Day—No classes
• September 4, Tuesday, Classes begin
• September 12, Wednesday, Last date for graduate students to drop/add online
• September 12, Wednesday, Last date for undergraduate students to drop/add or to declare a course pass/fail online
• September 12, Wednesday, Last date for all students who plan to graduate in December 2012 to verify their diploma names online
• September 15, Saturday, Mass at Fenway Park for the Sesquicentennial Year celebration. (This will substitute for the Mass of the Holy Spirit originally scheduled for September 13.)
• September 28 to September 30, Friday to Sunday, Parents' Weekend
• October 1, Monday, Last date for undergraduates only to drop a course or to declare a course pass/fail in the Associate Deans' offices
• October, 1, Monday "I" (Incomplete) grades from Summer 2012 changed to Administrative Failures