VIDEO TUTORIALSCourse Information & Schedule
The Registration Process
QUICK LINKSAcademic Calendar
CONTACT USBoston College
Office of Student Services
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
The Office of Student Services consolidates the functions of the Registrar's, Financial Aid, Student Employment, Student Accounts, Student Loans, and Credit and Collections offices into one office in order to offer one-stop service for our students. Be sure to check out the Academic Advising and Registration information for this month.
IMPORTANT REMINDER• October 1, 2012: Last date for undergraduates only to drop a course or to declare a course pass/fail in the Associate Deans offices. All incomplete summer grades will be changed to administrative failures.
UNDERGRADUATE ACADEMIC ADVISING• Students have until Thursday, October 11 to declare or change a major in order to receive an advisor assignment in that major.
• Students may view their registration appointments online beginning October 12.
• CSOM seniors should pick up their registration materials at the departments of their first concentrations beginning October 18. CSOM sophomores and juniors should contact their academic advisors. CSOM freshmen will receive their registration materials from their Portico professors.
• Log into your Agora Portal account (portal.bc.edu) and select Academic Advisor. You can view your advisor contact information and your appointment date and time.
SPRING REGISTRATION• Undergraduate Students: Spring registration appointments are scheduled from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. beginning November 9 and are based on class year.
• Graduate Students: Spring registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on November 8 except for GSSW. GSSW students in the class of 2013 will register on November 12 at 7:00 p.m. Registration for all other GSSW students will begin at 7:30 p.m.
• Law Students: Spring registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on November 19 for the Class of 2013 and continues on November 20 for the Class of 2014. The Class of 2015 will be registered by Student Services.
• View the Registration Calendar for spring 2013 registration dates.
• The Schedule of Courses will be on campus and on the Student Services website on October 25.
• Register for courses using UIS.
• Register for courses using UDial.
• The last date to withdraw from a fall course with a "W" or to withdraw from the University is November 26, 2012.
• Undergraduate Students: Visit the Undergraduate Course Registration FAQs webpage for information about selecting courses, closed, restricted, and WCAS (evening) courses, pass/fail and overloading, withdrawing, and registration troubleshooting.
• Graduate Students: Visit the Graduate Course Registration FAQs webpage for information about graduate student registration, selecting courses, closed, restricted, and WCAS (evening) courses, and registration troubleshooting.
• View the fall 2012 Final Exam Schedule.
STUDENT ACCOUNTS• Spring 2013 semester bills will be sent by e-mail after November 14 to undergrad students and are due on December 9. For graduate students spring semester bills will be sent by e-mail after November 15 and are due on January 13. Visit My Bill for more information.
QuikPAY® PAYMENT PLAN• Attention Undergraduate and Law Students: Enrollment is now open for the monthly payment plan for the spring semester. Please visit www.bc.edu/qppp for more information.
UNDERGRADUATE FINANCIAL AID• Incomplete undergraduate financial aid applications will be closed in October. If you wish to complete your application, please visit www.bc.edu/finaidapp to determine the documents required to process your application.
VOTER REGISTRATION• Don't forget to vote! Register by October 17, 2012, to vote in the Massachusetts General Election and the Presidential Election on November 6. Massachusetts residents may download a voter registration form. Massachusetts residents may also visit www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/elestudents/studentsidx.htm for voting instructions and web links for more information. Non-Massachusetts residents may visit www.eac.gov to obtain the National Mail Voter Registration form with instructions and deadlines for their state. All students can access TurboVote (http://turbovote.org) to create a personalized link for information about upcoming voting dates, ID requirements, and polling place locations.