QUICK LINKSAcademic Calendar
Add Eagle Bucks
Request Student Account Refund
IRS Form 1098-T Information
CONTACT USBoston College
Office of Student Services
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
IMPORTANT REMINDERS• Friday, February 10: Deadline for students to complete their housing intent for the 2012-2013 academic year at portal.bc.edu.
• Wednesday, February 15: Last date for undergraduates only to drop a course or to declare a course pass/fail in the Associate Dean's office.
• Thursday, March 1: "I" (Incomplete) grades changed to "F."
• Monday, March 5 to Friday, March 9: Spring vacation.
• Tuesday, March 13 to Monday, March 26: Room selection process.
• If your graduation term is May 2012, please refer to the appropriate preliminary online commencement guide:
ACADEMIC SERVICES• Degree Audits: Undergraduate students can request a degree audit or a simulated degree audit (which shows the requirements for different schools, majors, and minors) at portal.bc.edu, seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. until midnight (Eastern Standard Time). All students should carefully review their degree audit in consultation with their advisor.
Attention undergraduate students expecting to graduate in May 2012: Undergraduate students should run their degree audit by logging on to the Agora portal (portal.bc.edu) which can be accessed from any web browser or internet connection, seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. until midnight (Eastern Standard Time), to confirm that you are receiving the following message: "If you successfully complete all the courses for which you are currently registered, you will have met all the requirements for the degree." If you are not receiving this message you will not meet the requirements for graduation and you will not receive a degree. Please contact your academic recorder immediately to resolve your graduation clearance issue.
FINANCIAL AID• The 2012-2013 Undergraduate Financial Aid Application and the 2012-2013 Graduate Financial Aid Application are now available online. To view a list of financial aid requirements and to check on the status of your application, visit www.bc.edu/finaidapp. The application deadline is April 15, 2012 for undergraduates and April 17, 2012 for graduate students.
Attention Graduate Students: February 22, 2012 is the priority deadline for graduate students (who will be enrolled at least half-time in classes this summer) to apply for summer federal financial aid, such as a Federal Direct Stafford Loan. The application process includes sending a completed and signed 2012-2013 Graduate Financial Aid Application/Validation form to the Boston College Financial Aid Processing Center in Randolph, MA as well as completing a 2012-2013 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
• NEW! Beginning February 1, 2012, students and parents who have filed their 2011 IRS tax return will be able to select the IRS Data Retrieval option on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to transfer tax information to the FAFSA. We strongly encourage you to select this option during the initial filing or when subsequent corrections are made to your 2012-2013 FAFSA. This option will streamline and expedite the processing of your financial aid application. For more information, visit the IRS Data Retrieval Tool web page.
Attention Graduate Students: This process applies to you only if you are applying for federal financial aid.
STUDENT ACCOUNTS• International Wire Transfer Payments: Boston College has partnered with peerTransfer™ to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With peerTransfer™, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. You will also be notified via e-mail when your payment is received by Boston College. To begin the payment process, visit www.bc.edu/wiretransfer.
• 1098-T forms were mailed on January 19 to students' home addresses on file. If you did not receive your 1098-T, or if you need another copy, you can access your form on the web at http://www.1098t.com. If you have trouble accessing your records, please contact the TCRS call center at (877) 467-3821. General information about the 1098-T, along with a list of frequently asked questions, can be found at www.bc.edu/offices/stserv/financial/1098t.html.
• Pending credits for undisbursed loans and financial aid awards will be removed from student accounts prior to the generation of billing statements on February 16. If you are still expecting a disbursement that has not yet been credited to your account, please contact Student Services.
GENERAL STUDENT SERVICES• Spring Semester Parking Permits: Eligible undergraduate resident students and graduate students may order a parking permit by logging into their Portal account and selecting "Parking Permits and Citations" under the "My Services" tab. Once ordered, students may pick up their parking permit in the Office of Student Services.
• Students who lose their Eagle ID cards should deactivate them immediately on the Portal for security reasons. A new card will be printed and available for pick-up in the Office of Student Services.
• Extended Hours: The Office of Student Services remains open until 7:00 p.m. every Wednesday during the spring semester (excluding March 7 and April 4, 2012) for your convenience. Refer to the Student Services home page for our complete hours of operation.
Suggestions? E-mail us!
This e-Newsletter is best viewed using the mail.bc.edu e-mail client or third party e-mail clients such as Gmail.
© Copyright 2012 Trustees of Boston College