Course Evaluation Surveys
QUICK LINKSAcademic Calendar
Final Exam Calendar
CONTACT USBoston College
Office of Student Services
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
ACADEMIC SERVICES• Course Evaluation Surveys (non-Law): Complete your online course evaluations from December 5 to December 22 at 11:00 p.m. Students who complete all of their evaluations will have access to their grades (if available) beginning December 14. Visit the course evaluation webpage for more information.
• Study Days: December 12 and December 13. No classes for undergraduate students only.
• Final Exams: December 14 to December 21. Please check your final exam schedule on Agora as the end of the semester approaches to confirm the time and room assignments for your exams. Visit the final exam webpage for more information.
• Grading: Semester grades, if available, will be posted beginning December 14 for students who complete all of their course evaluations. Posted grades will be available to all students on December 23.
• Transcripts: During grading periods, transcripts will be held until all grades are posted. Your authorization is required in order to release your transcript records. You can do this electronically via the web, on paper via mail or fax, or in person in Lyons Hall. Requests received via the web are faster, easier, and more secure. Transcripts are provided to students and alumni free of charge, with one exception. Charges apply only if FedEx is selected as the mode of delivery. Visit the Transcript Requests webpage for more information.
• Available textbook information for spring 2012 courses has been posted to the Course Information and Schedule link in the Agora Portal.
• Students who have lost their Eagle ID cards should deactivate them immediately, on the Portal, for security reasons. A new card will be printed and available for pick-up in the Office of Student Services.
DECEMBER GRADUATES• December degree conferral date is December 30. Diplomas will be mailed to the home address on file by the end of January 2012.
• Transcripts and diplomas will not be issued for any student with an outstanding financial obligation to the University. The same policy applies to any student who does not complete the required loan exit interview.
STUDENT ACCOUNTS• Spring 2012 semester bills for undergraduate students are due on December 9. Spring semester bills for graduate students will be sent by email during the week of December 12 and are due on January 13. Visit My Bill for more information.
• The deadline to waive medical insurance for 2012 spring semester only is January 27, 2012. Click here to find out more about the BC medical insurance plan.
• Emergency Contact and Address Updates: The Portal has been enhanced to accept emergency contact information as well as information for more than one parent. Beginning in January 2012, all students will be required to enter emergency contact information. Please visit the Portal to update your information.
• Bank of America will not be charging fees to customers who make debit card purchases. For further information, visit the Bank of America "Understand debit cards" webpage or read the press release.
FINANCIAL AID• Financial Aid will be hosting "Meet Your Counselor" on December 6 from 1:00–4:00 p.m. This is an opportunity for students to get to know their Financial Aid Associate and ask any aid-related questions. Stop by for a chance to win a BC T-shirt!
PARKING PERMITS• Spring Semester Parking Permits: Incoming graduate and eligible undergraduate resident students may order a parking permit beginning December 19 by logging into their Portal account and selecting "Parking Permits and Citations" under the "My Services" tab. Once ordered, students may pick up their parking permit in the Office of Student Services.
The Weeks Ahead...• The Boston College 2012–2013 Graduate Financial Aid Application/Validation form and instructions will be available in mid-January under Forms on the Student Services website.
• Graduates in the Class of 2012 should refer to commencement information on the University Secretary's website. Online planning guides will be e-mailed to graduating students in January and will be available on the Student Services website.
• Student Services will be closed from Friday, December 23 at 5:00 p.m. until Tuesday, January 3 at 9:00 a.m.
Suggestions? E-mail us!
This e-Newsletter is best viewed using the mail.bc.edu e-mail client or third party e-mail clients such as Gmail.
© Copyright 2011 Trustees of Boston College