IMPORTANT DATESFor Incoming Students
For Continuing Students
POLICIESNotices and Disclosures
Notice of Non-Discrimination
University Communication Policy (PDF)
QUICK LINKSAcademic Calendar
Hours of Operation
VIDEO TUTORIALSDropping and Adding Courses
CONTACT USBoston College
Office of Student Services
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Dear BC Student:
A warm welcome to Boston College for the 2012 fall semester! We hope you have been having a pleasant summer holiday. We would like to remind you that classes begin on Tuesday, September 4.
The Office of Student Services will be open on Sunday, September 2, and on Monday, September 3, from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. to answer any of your questions. Our semester hours, including extended hours during drop/add, are posted at www.bc.edu/studentservices#hours.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the Office of Student Services at 617-552-3300 or 800-294-0294, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check your class schedule and classroom assignments.
AUGUST 2012 GRADUATES• Degrees are conferred on August 30, 2012.
• Diplomas will be mailed by the end of September to the home address that is listed on the student system.
• Questions regarding your diploma? Contact your Academic Recorder.
• Diplomas will be withheld for outstanding financial obligations to the University and/or for failure to complete the required loan Exit Interview.
• Exit Interviews for August Graduates: Graduates who have borrowed from any federal or BC loan program must complete a loan Exit Interview prior to graduation. E-mail notifications will be sent out in early August. Follow the instructions to complete the online exit interview at ECSI. Private loan debt counseling appointments may be requested with the Student Loan staff at anytime by calling 800-294-0294 or e-mailing email@example.com.
FALL BILLING AND PAYMENT• Undergraduate and Law Students: Fall semester bills are due on August 10.
• Graduate and College of Advancing Study Students: Fall semester bills are due on September 14.
• Review and pay student account on My Bill: Students may grant access to a parent or other third party by selecting the "Authorize Payers" link within My Bill. This ensures that parents/guardians receive timely notifications of the balance due on accounts.
• Review the Title IV Federal Financial Aid Funds requirements and submit your Federal Funds Authorization
• Online Billing and Payment Information
• Tuition and Fees
• International Wire Payments: Boston College has partnered with peerTransfer to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make international tuition payments.
• Attention QuikPAY© Payment Plan Account Holders: QuikPAY© Payment Plans are now linked to student account balances. Please review your plan on My Bill to determine if an adjustment is required based on recent account activity.
FINANCIAL AID• Don't forget to check your financial aid application status at www.bc.edu/finaidapp to make sure all required information for 2012-2013 has been received!
• Students who were awarded Perkins Loans for the first time and/or Law School, Nursing, or Sharp loans should watch for e-mail notifications in August with instructions on how to sign for these loans through ECSI.
• Students awarded Direct Loans for the first time must complete Entrance Counseling and sign their promissory notes at www.studentloans.gov.
• Because of recent staff changes within the undergraduate financial aid area of Student Services, you may have been assigned a new financial aid counselor. You can find your counselor’s name on your latest financial aid award notification for 2012-2013. You may also access a complete list of all of the undergraduate counselors and their caseload breakdowns from the Undergraduate Financial Aid Staff web page.
AGORA TRANSACTIONS• Sign up for direct deposit of student refunds (on My Bill)
• Review/add optional Eagle-One accounts
• Waive mandatory Medical Insurance (if applicable). For further information, visit our Medical Insurance web page.
• Update or verify your local and home addresses, telephone/cell phone numbers, and/or emergency contacts
• Verify or update privacy preferences
• Eagle-One (ID) Cards: To obtain an Eagle-One Card, download the application (PDF) and return it to the Office of Student Services.
• Parking Permits
RESIDENTIAL LIFE• Visit Residential Life's Fall Opening Weekend 2012 web page for information on check-in.
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT• Academic year student job listings will be posted on the Student Services website beginning Wednesday, August 29. Postings are updated nightly and will remain on the site (unless removed by the employer who created the job listing) until the end of the academic year. Current summer student job listings will be posted on the Student Services website until the Friday of Labor Day weekend. For more information, visit www.bc.edu/studentemployment.
STUDENT SERVICES• Register to Vote: Don't forget to register to vote! Massachusetts residents should visit www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleifv/howreg.htm. Others should visit www.eac.gov. Student Services' voter registration web page also contains information about requesting a mail-in voter registration form, voting instructions, and web links to the Massachusetts Division of Elections and to the Massachusetts and National League of Women Voters websites.
• For the latest updates from Financial Aid, Student Accounts, $uccessful Start, and Academic Services become a fan of Student Services on Facebook, and don't forget to follow us on Twitter!