QUICK LINKSAcademic Calendar
Hours of Operation
VIDEO TUTORIALSCourse Information & Schedule
Reading a Degree Audit
The Registration Process
CONTACT USBoston College
Office of Student Services
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
ACADEMIC ADVISING / REGISTRATION• All students should check their account balances under the My Bill option on the My Services page of the Portal. All balances should be paid prior to your registration time to ensure there is not a hold on your account.
• Register for courses using UIS.
• Register for courses using UDial.
• View the Registration Calendar for fall and summer 2012 registration dates and times.
• View the fall 2012 Schedule of Courses or pick up a copy in the basement of Lyons Hall.
• Undergraduates: Visit the Undergraduate Course Registration FAQs web page for information about selecting courses; closed, restricted, and WCAS (evening) courses; declaring a course pass/fail; overloading and withdrawing; and registration troubleshooting.
• Graduates: Visit the Graduate Course Registration FAQs web page for information about graduate student registration; selecting courses; closed, restricted, and WCAS (evening) courses; and registration troubleshooting.
• View the summer registration procedures.
• The last date to withdraw from a fall course with a "W" or to withdraw from the University is April 17, 2012.
• View the spring 2012 Final Exam Schedule.
DEGREE AUDITS• Undergraduate students can request a degree audit or a simulated degree audit (which shows the requirements for different schools, majors, and minors) at portal.bc.edu, seven days per week from 8:00 a.m. until midnight (Eastern Standard Time). All students should carefully review their degree audit in consultation with their advisor.
FINANCIAL AID• The deadline for receipt of all financial aid application materials for the 2012-2013 academic year is April 17, 2012 for both undergraduate and graduate students. Please refer to our website for details.
• Student Services will be holding a SALT activation Photo Booth event on Main Campus, Wednesday, April 25. Check your e-mail for more details soon.
GRADUATION• Attention undergraduate students expecting to graduate in May 2012: Undergraduate students should run their degree audit by logging on to the Agora portal (portal.bc.edu) which can be accessed from any web browser or internet connection, seven days per week from 8:00 a.m. until midnight (Eastern Standard Time), to confirm that they are receiving the following message: "If you successfully complete all the courses for which you are currently registered, you will have met all the requirements for the degree." If you are not receiving this message at the bottom of your degree audit you will not meet the requirements for graduation and you will not receive a degree. Please contact your academic recorder immediately to resolve your graduation clearance issue.
• Undergraduate A&S, undergraduate CSOM, and all WCAS students should check their mailboxes for their Commencement Guides. All other students should pick up their Commencement Guides through their deans' offices. A copy of the Undergraduate Commencement Guide is also available online. For additional information on Commencement, please refer to the Commencement website or the online planning guides available on the Student Services website.
• Attention graduate students expecting to graduate in May 2012: Graduate students should consult the Graduate Commencement Guide for information about graduation.
NEW MONTHLY PAYMENT PLAN OPTION• Attention undergraduate and law students: Beginning with the 2012-2013 academic year, BC will no longer be partnered with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) for the administration of monthly payment plans. Payment plans will continue to be available to undergraduate and law students under the name of QuikPAY Payment Plans (QPPP). QPPP will be integrated with My Bill, BC's existing electronic student account billing and payment system. Students will have access via the Agora Portal. Parents will need to be set up as Authorized Payers in My Bill in order to access the payment plan option. Payment plan enrollment will be open as of May 1, 2012, and the first monthly payment installment will be due June 5, 2012. More detailed information will be posted to our website and sent to eligible students over the next few weeks.
SUCCESSFUL START WORKSHOPSTuesday, April 3rd, 4:30-5:30, McElroy Commons 237
How to Evaluate a Job Offer
Learn how to pick the perfect job for you!
Presented by Amy Donegan, Associate Director, Undergraduate Management Advising, Carroll School of Management and Elizabeth Delaney, Compensation Analyst, Compensation, Human Resources
Free dinner will be provided!
Wednesday, April 11th, 3:30-4:30, McElroy Commons 237
5 Weeks, 5 Months, 5 Years
Learn how to plan for your future beyond graduation!
Presented by Craig Noyes, Direct Loans/Collections Specialist, Office of Student Services
A snack will be provided!
Monday, April 23rd, 2:30-3:30, Fulton Hall 145
Student Loan Repayment
Learn about different options for paying back your student loans!
Presented by Kathy Rosa, Associate Director, Student Account Receivables, Office of Student Services
A snack will be provided!
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT• Summer student job listings will be posted on the Student Services website beginning April 5. Postings are updated nightly and will remain on the site (unless removed by an employer) until the end of the semester and into the summer. Current academic year student job listings will be posted on the Student Services website until the weekend prior to Commencement. For more information, visit www.bc.edu/studentemployment.
Suggestions? E-mail us!
This e-Newsletter is best viewed using the mail.bc.edu e-mail client or third party e-mail clients such as Gmail.
© Copyright 2012 Trustees of Boston College