Volunteer and Service Learning Center
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIG
BC BIGS is a partnership between the Volunteer and Service Learning Center (VSLC), Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay (BBBSMB), and Big Sister Association of Greater Boston (BSA) where BC students can serve as mentors to young people in Boston. BC BIGS is a great way to get involved in the Boston community, make a difference in a young person’s life, and meet other BC students who share similar passions.
You can participate in BC BIGS through the following programs:
- Edison School
- Gardner Pilot Academy (Big Sisters only)
- Jackson Mann School
- West End House
- Sacred Heart School
- Franklin Field Program
BC BIGS commit to:
- Volunteering regularly as a mentor to a young person, as defined by your specific program
- Attending at least one mandatory training session each semester
- Participating in the BC BIGS community through occasional meetings and gatherings
- Participating in a small group with other BC BIGS
- Regular communication with Match Support Specialists at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay or Big Sister Association of Greater Boston
If you are interested in becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister in the BC BIGS program follow these steps (allow 4-6 weeks for the whole process):
- Complete an application form and bring it to the VSLC at McElroy 114 (applications will become available soon).
- BBBSMB or BSA will contact you to set up an initial interview and conduct a screening process. BBBSMB or BSA must accept you as a Big Brother or Big Sister in order for you to join BC BIGS.
- Get matched with a Little Brother or Little Sister.
- Once matched, you will be contacted by a BC BIGS leader and Graduate Assistant, Amy Gribaudo
Visit our table at these upcoming events to learn more!
Student Involvement Fair
VSLC Volunteer Fair
Lyons Dining Hall
Visit McElroy 114