Winter Housing Extensions
office of residential life
Please Note: The Extension application will become available in mid-November.
- All resident students without extensions must be checked out of their academic-year assignments by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 21, 2013.
- Individual students may apply for extension housing if they have a documented need to remain on campus one additional night, December 22, 2013 until 11:00 a.m. Applicable documented needs are:
- Involvement in student teaching
- Long-distance travel
- Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that the Office of Residential Life will be closed from December 20, 2013 through January 2, 2014, and no one will be available to respond to your calls or emails.
Types of Extensions
- In-Room: Undergraduates living on Lower Campus may stay in their Fall placements. Any undergraduates living on Upper Campus, Newton Campus, or College Road will not be allowed In-Room Extensions past December 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM.
- Guest Housing: Undergraduates may stay with a friend (of the same gender) living on Lower Campus who has also applied for and been approved for an In-Room Extension. Applicants must provide their host's information, including Eagle number, and the host's date of departure must be the same as or after the guest's.
- If you are applying as an individual, select "Individual" under "Fall Extensions" and complete the subsequent form.
- If you are applying as part of a group, select your group's name under "Fall Extensions." Your group's date of departure will be populated for you. If you do not see your group listed, please contact your group administrator.
- If you live on Upper Campus, Newton Campus, or College Road, and you are applying to stay past December 21 as part of a group, you must provide your host information in the "comment" section of your application.
Please allow up to 3 business days for all processing.
If you are approved for an extension:
- You will receive an email confirmation. The email must be printed and posted on the door of the room you are staying in by 5:00 p.m. on December 21.
- Students approved for an extension who are involved in ANY conduct violation during their stay will be removed from housing immediately and face University disciplinary action, regardless of the reason for the extension. Please read the Letter from the Director of Residential Life regarding our expectations for behavior during your stay.
Any student who does not have authorization for extension yet remains past 5:00 p.m. on December 21 will forfeit their housing assignment for the next eligible year and may receive a $200 late check-out fine.
Applicants who are not approved for extension are required to check out of their Fall placement by 5:00 p.m. on December 21.
Student Deadline: December 13, 2013
*Please note the application will not be avaialable on "My Reslife" after this date.
For group instructions, please click here.
Group Creation Deadline: November 27, 2013