Senior End-of-Year Check-out 2013
office of residential life
- It is your responsibility to read through the End-of-Year Closing and Senior Check-out information so that you fully understand the University’s expectations.
- All Senior residents are required to check out on Monday, May 20, between 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. at one of the below check-out locations. There will also be staff on your floor from 2:00 p.m until 8:00 p.m who will be able to check you out as well.
- To check out prior to Monday, May 20, or if you live in a traditionally underclassman residence hall, please schedule an appointment with your RA.
- Your Residency Agreement is in effect as long as you remain on campus.
Area Check-out Locations
|Edmond’s Hall||Edmond’s Lobby|
|Vanderslice/90 STM||Stayer Hall Lobby|
|Voute/Gabelli/66 Comm. Ave.||Gabelli 2nd Floor Lounge|
||Stayer Hall Lobby|
|Mods||Appointment with RA|
|Greycliff||Appointment with RA|
Please show RESPECT for the custodial staff who care for your residence throughout the year. All residents are expected to complete the following checklist. Failure to do so may result in fines being placed on your student account. For more information on keys, damage, and trash, please review the End-of-Year Closing information.
- Clean stove thoroughly, including the top, under the burners, and in the oven and broiler. (Apartments)
- Remove all food from refrigerator and clean with mild soap, water, and baking soda. Leave doors closed and refrigerator on. (Suites/Apartments)
- Remove all posters, signs, pictures, nails, hooks, tacks, and tape from walls and ceilings by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 14.
- Return all curtains, shades, lamps, and furniture to their proper place throughout your unit.
- Take down all bunk beds, except BC-issued lofts. BC-issued loft units must be restored to their original setup.
- Remove all trash, papers, and belongings from drawers and shelves.
- Wipe all drawers and shelves clean.
- Remove all trash from room. IT IS A FIRE HAZARD TO PLACE TRASH IN HALLWAYS. Please place trash and area rugs in the dumpster outside of your building.
- Remove all personal belongings from room.
- Close and lock all windows.
- Turn off all lights.
- Lock your room behind you.
- Check out of your residence hall at one of the Area Check-out Locations, and return your key if you were issued one upon check-in.
- Failure to remove all of your furniture, trash, and other large items from your rooms/common areas may result in a $500 per-person fine for your suite/bedroom.
Seniors' Tips for a More Enjoyable Commencement Day
- Remove as many of your personal belongings prior to Commencement Day as possible.
- If there are items you plan to throw out, please do so prior to Sunday, May 19.
- If you are not taking personal couches or other large pieces of furniture with you, please move them to the dumpster outside your building by Sunday, May 19.
Senior Area Party Registration
The last day to register social gatherings in the Senior areas will be Wednesday, April 24, by 12:00 noon. The last weekend for registered social gatherings will be Friday, April 26–Saturday, April 27. No parties will be allowed during final exams.
If you have a question not answered above, please see your Resident Director, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.