Fall Early Arrivals
fall opening 2012: check-in instructions
The earliest that students may return to campus with an approved early arrival is Monday, August 27, 2012. In order to return to campus early, a student must be a part of a group considered essential to the opening of the University, or meet the criteria listed on their class page. Some examples of groups include, but are not limited to:
- Athletic and Band Preseason
- Emerging Leadership Program (ELP)
- International students
- Orientation leaders
- Resident Hall Association Executive Board (RHA)
- Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)
- Undergraduate Government of Boston College (UGBC) Executive Board
- Welcome Wagon
All early-arrival requests must be submitted online via the Agora Portal. Click on "My ResLife" under "My Services," then select "Web Forms," then "Individual Transition."
- If you are applying as an individual, select "Individual" under "Fall Early Arrival" and complete the subsequent form.
- If you are applying as part of a group, select your group's name under "Fall Arrivals." Your group's date of arrival will be populated for you. If you do not see your group listed, please contact your group administrator.
- If you live in a room that does not allow for an in-room early arrival, you will be prompted to select "Interim Housing."
Please allow up to 3 business days for all processing.
If you are approved for early arrival:
- You will receive an email confirmation.
- All students granted Interim Housing must check in at the Summer Welcome Center in 110. St Thomas More Rd. on their approved date of arrival.
- Students currently living on campus for the summer are required to move to their fall placements on Wednesday August 24th.
- Improper or late check-out or failure to check out of Interim Housing, excessive trash, or room damage may result in fines and University disciplinary action.
- Students approved for an early arrival who are involved in ANY conduct violation during their stay will be removed from housing immediately and face University disciplinary action, regardless of the reason for the early arrival.
Applicants who are not approved are required to check in on Thursday, August 30 for Freshmen; or Friday, August 31 for Upperclassmen.
All forms are available through the Agora Portal beginning early July.
Student Deadline: August 3, 2012
For group instructions, please click here.
Group Creation Deadline: July 20, 2012